The Singapore Maritime officers’ Union (SMOU) is a progressive global union with a growing membership and a dynamic vision. Established in 1951 to safeguard the interest and well-being of seafaring officers, SMOU plays a pivotal role in promoting good industrial relations between members and their employers, improving the wages and working conditions of members in the maritime industry through collective bargaining agreements with shipping companies which employ them. SMOU promotes good industrial relations between seafarers (members) and their employers, the ship-owners and ship-management companies, and the governments through its strong tripartite relationships with the local, regional and international maritime community. The union has seen tremendous progress, especially in the last 30 years, with membership increasing from 400 to approximately 14,000 members.
If you share our passion in growing a strong and active union membership, join us in Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU). You will be part of SMOU Corporate Admin & HR Divisions to provide support to internal & external customers.
Scope of Work
Corporate Admin Department
- Secretariat Support
- Admin Support such as preparation of meetings & retreats, updating of corporate database, etc
- Office Management such as purchasing, maintenance and leasing contracts
- Support to HR Department
- Any other admin duties as assigned
- Singaporean Only
- Min. Diploma Holder or equivalent in Business
- At least 1 year experience or relevant working experience
- Bilingual in English & Mandarin (spoken & written)
- Proficient in MSOffice
- Strong administrative skills
- Able to work independently, meticulous, positive attitude and a team player
- Able to multi task and work within tight deadlines with good organization skills
- Possess strong honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Able to start work immediately, an advantage
Successful candidate shall enjoy attractive remuneration package and excellent career advancements.
Please write in with detailed resume including expected salary.
The HR Department
Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union
75 Jellicoe Road
#05-01, Wavelink Building
Fax. 6295 2202
Email : HR@smou.org.sg
Pre-requisites / Summary :
- Min. Education Level : Diploma
- Field of Study : Business
- Year of Exp Required : 1
- Skills : Communications skills, Interpersonal skills, Office administration
- Language : English, Chinese (Mandarin)