- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - North
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Sport Science & Management
- Years of Experience: 4
- Skills: Interpersonal skills, Communications skills
(School of Sports, Health and Leisure)
School of Sports, Health and Leisure, whose vision is to be the leading educator in the area of sports, health and leisure, invites applicants to join its motivated and passionate team.
Key duties and responsibilities that need to be performed to meet the primary job are:
- Develop innovative programmes and activities based on up-to-date industry trends, practices and research findings in outdoor education and outdoor recreation, in areas such as
- Overseas outdoor and adventure expeditionary learning trips
- Place-based experiences
- Student personal and leadership development
- Customised programmes
- Academic module or curriculum integration
- Professional development retreats
- Continuing Education and Training (CET) modules and workshops
- Deliver quality experiential programmes and Continuing Education and Training (CET) modules and workshops - using appropriate and sound pedagogies to engage students in learning
- Mentor students to support them to succeed in their learning and development
- Lead and/or supervise student undertakings such as final year projects, student overseas trips, student events, and internships
- Reach out to various stakeholders such as secondary school students, teachers, industry partners, parents, and universities to strengthen the standing of the diploma and the school
- A degree preferably in the relevant field(s).
- At least 4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Motivation to interact with youths and mentor them to be successful outdoor practitioners.
- Agility to learn and adapt to changes, efficiency to plan, organise and complete assigned tasks on time.
- Initiative and resourcefulness to solve problems.
- Strong links and exposure to the outdoor education and outdoor recreation sectors.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain quality working relationships with students, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in relevant skills such as first aid, environmental interpretation, instructional and facilitation, safety and risk management, kayaking, sport climbing, abseiling, challenge course management, expeditionary learning is an advantage.
For further information on job responsibilities and requirements, please visit:
(Hard copy resumes and applications via e-mail will not be accepted.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)