- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Advance user of Microsoft Excel (including formulas, pivot tables, graphs etc.) is a must, Microsoft Access, VBA programming and SAS knowledge would be an advantage
- Optimize hotel occupancy and average daily rate in short and long term to maximize hotel’s profitability; identify distressed periods and initiate recovery and contingency plans.
- Develop pricing and inventory strategy for each market segment.
- Review and manage group and other blocks and procedure accuracy.
- Develop strategy for different distribution channel.
- Closely collaborate with various hotels’ departments (Sale, Convention Sales, Front office, Casino) to develop strategic programs.
- Monitor and analyze market and competitor trends, key performance metrics and variances to recommend changes in strategies and tactics.
- Produce a weekly, monthly and 90-days forecast. Produce and analyze monthly statistics reports.
- Understand and effectively utilize computerized operational systems for the hotel - hotel property management system and sales and catering system.
- Manage efficiency of Revenue Management Software.
- Four-year College Degree in business, economics, finance, hospitality management, or other analytical fields.
- 2-3 years working experience preferred in an analytical field, or relevant studies.
- Understand different market segment behavior (Casino, groups, transient) and distribution channels.
- Advance user of Microsoft Excel (including formulas, pivot tables, graphs etc.) is a must.
- Good knowledge of Power Point and Outlook.
- Microsoft Access, VBA programming and SAS knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of revenue management software (IDEAS) and different tools (Travelclick, STR, Delphi, LMS etc.) preferred but not mandatory.
- Be a team player and enjoy working within a dynamic group environment.
- Possess outstanding financial and analytic aptitude.
- Be capable of critical thinking and thinking “out of box”.
A Can do attitude.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills enabling effective communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate findings and other data clearly and efficiently to executives and diverse audiences.
- Be meticulous, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and in an organized way.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English required.
Interested applicants, please apply to:
Search via Department: Revenue Optimization / Job Title: Analyst - Revenue Management