- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Architecture , Interior Design
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: Architectural light design in Building Services Industry
Our Singapore Lighting Division, WSP Vision Design is seeking full time Lighting Designers with proven experience in delivering lighting solutions to a variety of project types at all scales.
The role requires a talented, creative and proactive individual who is both a thinker and a designer, capable of managing multiple projects at one time.
Applicants will manage projects involving creative conceptualising of lighting design ideas and collaborate with project teams in the development of the lighting design.
Must be familiar with the complete design process from conceptual/schematic design through construction administration, including presentations, physical model construction, lighting mock-ups, fixture specifications, tender evaluation, focusing and detailing etc.
Able to attend meetings and present lighting concepts.
Work with team members to develop solutions to complex problems in a timely and economic manner.
Applicant will actively promote architectural lighting, and demonstrate an ability to communicate lighting to others in a way that enables the successful implementation of lighting design concepts.
Willingness to travel and work overseas from time to time, depending on the project.
Supervise and oversee the work of Junior Designers and contribute to their training and development.
Accountability to team for budgets and schedules.
- Successful applicants should have a recognised degree in architecture, interior design, theatrical and/or lighting design with 8 to 10 years of architectural lighting design experience
- Applicants must be passionate about creative and innovative lighting with great ability to convey your ideas verbally and by hand sketches
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, AGI, Dialux, Adobe Photoshop Rendering, Sketch UP and Microsoft Office
- Experience with 3D Studio Max and BIM is a plus
- Understanding of the Lighting and Building industry and architectural procedures
- Excellent conceptualisation and design ability with the ability to draw quick lighting detail intent sketches
- Understanding of lighting controls system and day lighting practices
- Understanding of Environmental Sustainable criteria - Singapore Green Mark, LEED (US) and Green Star (Aus)
- Organised, detail-oriented and skilled in creative problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced working environment and work overtime if required
- Possess good presentation and interpersonal skills, client-oriented and self-motivated
- Team player with the ability to communicate effectively, manage and supervise
- Applicants with photography skills will have an advantage
We can offer your career an innovative, creative and sustainable future working on challenging projects with good career prospects for suitable candidates who are willing to put in the time and commitment to the Company’s success.
5 day work week and attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidates. Interested applicants, please submit your detailed resume in word format, expected remuneration and commencement availability to us online or to:
The HR Dept
WSP NG PTE LTD
2 Bukit Merah Central #21-00
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about us, please visit www.wspgroup.com.sg