- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Psychology, Sociology
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Interpersonal skills, Communications skills
- You will be part of a dynamic team tasked to support the Social Service Offices.
- Your main role is to help our needy clients improve their circumstances by assessing their eligibility for ComCare schemes, processing their applications and disbursing approved financial assistance.
- As part of the process, you will be expected to engage social/ community service agencies and government agencies to provide referral services to help your clients.
- Depending on the pattern of demand for social assistance services, you may be deployed to Social Service Offices on short term stints to help meet surges in demand.
- You may also be expected to concurrently provide administrative and corporate support to the team.
- We are looking for a degree holder preferably with a background in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related degrees, or at least 1 year of relevant working experience in the social service sector would be advantageous.
- Candidates should possess strong analytical and organizational, writing and communication skills and be conversant in a second language (e.g. Mandarin, Malay, Tamil or dialects).
- Candidates should have a passion for serving our needy clients and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates are expected to be proactive, assertive yet tactful, and to be empathetic toward clients’ needs.
- Candidates will have to be a resourceful team player and possess creative problem-solving skills.
- Candidates should be meticulous, able to take personal initiative at work and be highly motivated toward continuous learning.
If you are shortlisted for the position(s), you should hear from us within 30 days of the closing date of the advertisement.