- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - North
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Administration, Financial planning, Control of hospital facilities, equipment and medical stock
- Assist the Head of Department with the financial planning, providing management reports and/or statistics as and when required.
- Supervising the daily Veterinary/Farriery accounts and preparing monthly Veterinary/Farriery accounts for Finance Department or trainers where appropriate.
- Overseeing day to day operation and administration.
- Planning and rationalising of monthly stock of medicine and farriery items.
- Sourcing office, veterinary equipment, medicine and farriery materials which includes calling for and co-ordination of tender preparation and quotations.
- Management of Hospital buildings and grounds.
- Orientation for new staff on the procedures to be adopted in Equine Hospital.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of departmental ISO procedures and policies.
- Organise and lead in discussion in TQM projects.
- Work with Veterinary surgeons on activities related to horses at quarantine stalls, prevent disease outbreak and upkeep of the biohazard safety at Equine Hospital.
- Advising parties concerned on any changes in the AVA Veterinary Regulations and liaising with the AVA or government departments with regards to veterinary regulations on importation and exportations as and when required.
- Supervision of the collection, coding, despatch, storage and disposal of pre race blood and post race blood and urine samples on race days.
- Strict adherence to the pre race and post race collection protocols, maintaining the chain of custody and integrity of the pre and post race samples collected.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Recognise degree with minimum 2 years of experience in administrative and management skills
- Technical skills needed for the control of the equine hospital facilities, equipment and medical stock
- Experience with import and export of livestock would be an added advantage
- Leadership and co-ordination skills
- Able to work on weekends and public holidays (when rostered)