- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 12
- Skills: Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Proactively develop and manage, in line with financial targets, a cultivation plan focused on expanding and enhancing fundraising relationships.
- Identify emerging business leaders and industries in the region with a special emphasis on developing high value corporate relationships.
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit five-figure, six-figure (and larger) philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the University.
- Work with academic leaders and other campus stakeholders to develop highly competitive funding proposals, aligning diverse individual/corporate/foundations goals and preferences with those of SMU.
- Create opportunities for SMU faculty, administrators, and Deans to interact with prospects and donors, strengthening relationships and facilitating the funding process.
- Support faculty, administrators, and non-fundraising staff in their cultivation of prospect relationships - e.g. providing briefing documents and speaking notes.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contact with donors/ prospects, creating moves management plans related to them. Monitor proposal timelines and deadlines; prepare and edit proposals; and manage submissions and follow-up.
- Work with the stewardship team to drive a high quality stewardship process. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships, and maintain detailed records of all interaction with University stakeholders, prospects and donors.
- Participate in the continual review, development and evaluation of processes, systems, activities and events, providing progress and evaluation reports according to an agreed schedule.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated outstanding performance in fundraising office or comparable, complex CRM, communications environment.
- Proven track record in communications or other relationship-based business discipline, preferably with regional exposure.
- Track record in participating personally in high level asks or negotiations.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques and ethics, and knowledge of major sources of wealth within Singapore and throughout Asia.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills. Equally comfortable with large groups and one to one interactions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors, and interact with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for multiple projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.