- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Economics, Accountancy
- Skills: Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
The selected candidate will work closely with the department to,
a. Oversee studies, research and policy reviews on social issues that are expected to have a major fiscal impact in the medium and long term, or that have implications for many Ministries, e.g. financing for healthcare, housing, education, retirement adequacy, as well as projections for inter-generational fiscal sustainability, marriage and parenthood initiatives;
b. Oversee environmental scanning for the social sector.
The key purpose of the job includes,
a. Research and analysis in the following areas, among others:
i. Welfare and unemployment;
ii. Retirement adequacy;
iii. Marriage and parenthood;
iv. Social cohesion and integration;
v. Inequality and social mobility.
b. Formulate optimal policies for the social sector by taking into account fiscal sustainability and societal needs.
- Good Honours Degree from a recognised University; knowledge in disciplines such as Economics, Accounting or Business Administration would be preferred.
- Keen interest in, and passion for public policy work.
- Strong analytical mind with excellent verbal, written & negotiation skills;
- Ability to look at issues from a broad and long-term perspective and anticipate challenges.
- Applicants should be Singapore citizens.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply for the Associate position.
If you are shortlisted for the position(s), you should hear from us within 30 days of the closing date of the advertisement.