- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: See job description.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
T&O (Technology and Operation) mission is to innovate continuously, deliver change rapidly and effectively, and provide efficient, nimble, and scalable standard infrastructure. ITT (Investment Trading Technology) team supports T&M (Treasury and Markets) and is looking for the right candidate to support Murex applications.
Murex is one of the leading applications in the areas of global trading, risk management and trade processing and DBS is using it cross asset classes, Front to Risk to Back in a setup with multiple production environments and grids, connections to many upstream and downstream systems.
This challenging role provides unique opportunity to support a community of hundreds of regional users belonging to Front-Office, Operations, Finance, Credit & Market Risk and Limits Management. In this dynamic environment the team will also strive to improve the system stability through continuous improvement and participate into the ambitious pipeline of projects.
* Manage and Govern Incident & Change Management processes within Murex BAU
* Perform root cause analysis and contribute to problem solving
* Ability to provide continuous improvement initiatives and automating recurring tasks
* A team player across all sub-teams within Murex Support group
* Perform managerial duties to manage the Technical Support team.
* To provide day-to-day production support for the Murex/MLC users (Front office, Back-office, Finance, RMG etc).
* To manage duty rota and ensure work load is well balanced among the team.
* Manage user groups and provide accurate and timely information on BAU activities within Murex applications
* Ensuring system stability via available monitoring and recovery tools
* Planning and execution of regular maintenance activities with the team
* Trouble-shoot Technical related problems and take corrective action
* To work with third party vendor/support team to provide a seamless support model for the business.
* Able to take ownership of issues and follow through to closure.
* To assist in rolling out of new version of the application adhering to the best practices of the release management procedures.
* To be able to drive himself/herself to learn new things while dealing with daily production support
* Managing Incidents & Problems using Jira Service Desk to respond to users’ escalations efficiently and ability to report monthly statistics accurately to management.
* To communicate effectively and work efficiently with a group of people supporting both functional/technical areas.
* Drive new ideas through technology to automate BAU processes so as to reduce manual work
* Provide knowledge and guidance to team members so as to improve the quality of the support team
* Managing people’s development through 1-1 regular meetings
* Experience in supporting Murex/MLC/VaR application would be greatly desired.
* Experience with CMMI processes and documentation is preferred.
* Experience in supporting Treasury & Markets Applications is a plus.
* Possesses CFA level 1 and above is a plus.
* Working in a very collaborative and agile team, you are expected to work interdependently - collaborate, negotiate, make trade-offs, handle conflicts. Strong capability to solve problems, be an out-of-box thinker who frequently comes up with new ideas.
* Managing a team of min 5 would be a plus
* ITIL V3 Certification is a plus
* Worked in a Support role and able to manage Incident & Change Mgmt processes
* Good communication skills and ability to articulate to internal users with clear and precise answers.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/ School of Computing/ Finance IT/ other related IT degrees would be preferred.
* IT Support experience with minimum 5 years would be desirable.
* Technical skills on Sybase/Oracle SQL, MariaDB, Hadoop, Unix/Linux/Windows scripting is highly desirable.
* Working experiences in a Unix/Linux/Windows platform is a must. Skills in Windows/Linux environment is a plus.
* Experience with Symphony (Grid Computing) would be a plus.
* Technical skills/knowledge on Open/Private Cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, etc) is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.