- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: See job description.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
A technical engineer with level 3 24x7 network support role, both in the Data centers (DC) and campuses (CUS)
* Accountable for design, programming and operation of Proxy Network and Secure Web Gateway
* Accountable for design, operation and maintenance of DNS, DHCP, NTP Appliances
* Accountable for design, programming and operation of data center network
* Accountable for level 3 network support with 24x7 escalation
* Management of network daily activities; incident and problem management; security incident responses and management.
* Responsible to work with respective DC and CUS teams’ members on the review of network architecture and design, trouble-shooting, as well to work on the replacement of old or low capacity network system or devices, e.g. firewalls, DNS, Server and Traffic Load Balancers, switches, and routers.
* Responsible to work with the respective server and application teams’ members in trouble-shooting and identify root cause, related to network.
* Responsible to work with the respective network vendors’ support teams for the trouble-shooting, identification and resolution of network problems.
* Responsible for network devices, as well as appliances, vulnerability review and assessment.
* Responsible for network devices, as well as appliances, change implementation review and assessment.
* Responsible to conduct post implementation review on areas of improvement and tuning.
* Responsible to conduct and train Level 1 engineers, i.e. to empower and equipped the L1 engineers with the knowledge to run and maintain both the DC and campus networks
* Gather user' hosting requirement, do product research, if necessary, of users' products, do network assessment and advice various teams for network related requirements.
* Administration and management (technical operations) of Proxy Infrastructure across Bank.
* Evaluate and upgrade Proxy Appliance and related firmware.
* Evaluate and deploy various open source proxy softwares like Squid and HAProxy in best possible ways.
* Deploy, configure and manage DNS and DHCP servers as per requirements.
* Deploy, configure and manage F5 GTM and LTMs across Network Infrastructure.
* Deploy, configure and manage Network Authentication Servers like Cisco ACS, Vasco servers to manage TACACS+ and Radius authentications
* Coordinate with information security governance team to align IT infrastructure with established standards.
* Ensure system compliance with all established information security policies
* Perform period health check , security analysis and tuning of Proxy and DNS Servers.
* Perform technical assessment of any non-well defined or complex Proxy and DNS change requests prior to implementation.
* Perform regular review of Proxy rules and settings and recommend necessary optimization actions
* Assist Level 1 Support Engineers during problem determination and resolution whenever necessary.
* Advanced troubleshooting production problems with RCA and fault diagnosis
* Performance and historical trend analysis.
* Design and monitor operations metrics on a monthly basis to keep track of device utilization.
* Capacity management of Proxy, F5 GTM/LTM and DNS Servers.
* Explore more designs in Proxy to enhance functionality and usage of existing servers.
* Hands on experience in Network Monitoring servers like Solarwinds, Nagios, Netbrain, etc.
* Develop processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation tools for existing manual processes.
* Prepare technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of network design and operational requirements.
* Ready to work in shifts including public holidays
* Ready to be on call for 24x7 support during shifts
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science
The person should have 8 to 10 years of network engineer experience with the following skills and competencies:
* Experience in network design and support
* Experience with Bluecoat Proxy design and support.
* Experience with Infoblox DNS, DHCP and NTP servers design and support.
* Experience with F5 and Brocade Load balancers design and support.
* Experience in Radware Link controllers and Load balancers.
* Experience in managing authentication servers like Cisco ACS and Vasco Radius servers.
* Experience with Cisco and Arista Switches.
* Knowledge and experience in design, build and trouble-shooting issues with secure web gateway and SSL traffic issues.
* Knowledge and experience in employing and using various networking trace tools, i.e. Sniffer, Wireshark, riverbed net profiler, NetBrain, Gigamon and etc.
* Knowledge and experience in using network management systems, i.e SolarWinds, Nagios and etc.
* Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking.
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
* Hands on expert level knowledge of routing, switching and other network
* Certifications such as CCNP or equivalent level in networking is an advantage.
* Prior experience within network engineering a bonus.
* 8-10 years of experience in supporting complex banking IT environment or equivalent
* The person would be expected to report to domain owner of network department and work as a team member in the network team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.