- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 7
- Skills: See job description.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
* Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
* Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
* Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
* Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
* Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
* Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
* 6-10 years of experience in object-oriented PERL development
* Solid PERL (5.x) development skills with strengths in object-orientation, modularization and pattern-based development
* Have a deep and extensive working knowledge on database access (CRUD) through DBI/UNIX ODBC utilities. Ability to manage various kind of relational database including but not limited to Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL and MSSQL
* Extensive experience in building PERL modules.
* Good working experience in developing RESTful APIs, preferably using Mojolicious
* Ability to build and install 3rd party PERL modules
* Good working knowledge on protocols for integration including SSH, HTTPS, SSL and SOAP.
* Good working knowledge on Software Development Lifecycle and has experience using tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, etc.
* Experience on defect management tool such as RedMine, HPQC
* Knowledge on Agile methodology
* Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS including strong shell scripting skills
* Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
* Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
* Good leadership skills and able to manage initiatives and small team of developers
* Programming Language - PERL/Python
* Databases (Oracle/MariaDB)
* API (SOAP/RESTful)
* Tools (GIT, SVN, Jenkins)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.