- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: C++, embedded, Device Driver, Thread-X, Android, Wireless, Perl, Python, Wifi/BT
Our client is a very well established fabless semiconductor MNC originating from the UK that is currently among the top 20th largest fabless semiconductor producers in the world. Not only that, they are also a global leader in wireless technologies, ranging from Bluetooth to GPS, Wi-FI to Audio devices. Behind the scenes, quietly, the company performs its magic, enhancing everybody’s lives. They are urgently looking for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to join the company’s Engineering team as an integral individual to perform the following tasks:
- Liaise with clients to get an understanding of their expectations and specifications, following which you will need to advise them on issues that may happen during implementation.
- Development of the complete embedded system solution. You will also be expected to test the relevant scenarios and validating the deliverables within the scope of the project
- Development and integration of wireless technologies(i.e. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi) onto a resource constrained multi-processor environment, including building on the protocol stack
- Cooperate with global R&D teams to improve and ensure smooth integration of the improvements into future releases
- Advise customers on possible changes in future software deliveries as well as on training provision to customers, distributors and internal staff
The ideal candidate has to come with an excellent understanding of how to put an embedded system together and how it all works. The ideal engineer would have come from an earlier background dealing with embedded systems hardware then moving into the development of embedded software development. They would also need:
- A very proficient knowledge in C/C++ and Assembly development. Perl and Python would be a good plus
- A very broad and deep understanding on the workings of an embedded system, having been involved in an entire product development life cycle from start to finish.
- An excellent communicator who is very self-driven, has a passionate desire to learn and share
- Any additional knowledge in the below would be beneficial to the points above:
o Wireless technology standards e.g. Wi-Fi 802.11.x or Bluetooth
o Multiple programming/scripting languages
o Any other wireless or telecommunication protocol e.g. TCP/IP, GSM, GPRS etc
o Real-Time Operating systems such as ThreadX/Android/WinCE etc
The successful candidate will be enjoying a brilliant career prospect, not only will they be working with some of the brightest talents in the semiconductor/embedded space, but they will also find that they have a career progression plan set in place for them. The candidate will also enjoy an attractive salary while working on a role with global exposure. If you think you qualify, please get in touch with Eugene at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with an updated version of your resume in Word format to be considered for the shortlisting.
Please contact Eugene Ho (Reg No. R1218202) at Evolution Recruitment Solutions Pte Ltd (Licence no. 11C3843)