- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - North
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Building
- Skills: Communications skills, Presentation skills, Interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office
- Responsible for developing fault tolerant / concurrently maintenance designs for critical infrastructure of data centres, trading floor, BCP projects
- Ensure the data centre infrastructure is consistent with high standards of excellence or as per client/project requirement
- Analyse and review current designs and implementations and exploit potential improvement opportunities for the system
- Understand and provide methods for eliminating single points of failure
- Provide plans and designs to seek improvements in efficiency, sustainability and resilience
- Define specification of equipment, materials and testing methods in data centre projects
- Approve supplier’s/contractors’ material submission in terms of technical specification.
- Attend in-house and on-site meeting and follow up with clients, architects, consultants, suppliers, contractors, utilities, local authorities and etc. for design and technical issues
- Understand cabling design and coordinate installation details with suppliers and contractors.
- Manage a CAD team to produce up-to-standard drawings for data centre projects
- On-site verification of the installations of the data centre infrastructure
- Provide technical support to engineering team and clients.
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant Mechanical, Electrical / Building Services Engineering design experience
- Know-how of current data centre environment standards and technologies,practices and design principles including UPS systems, low and medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, raised floor power distribution, HVAC and fire suppression systems.
- Extensive multi-discipline engineering knowledge of mission critical data centre and trading floor infrastructure including electrical infrastructure, mechanical cooling infrastructure, power distribution design, computer room cooling infrastructure, ELV system, etc.
- Previous budget management responsibilities for E&M projects
- Strong organizational and technical skills, attention to detail, willing to work overtime, off-hour coverage via mobile phone and response or follow through to resolve outstanding issues.
- Must be willing to travel on project-basis
- Able to function effectively as a team member, coordinate and support for other team members
- Excellent communication (written and oral), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in MS Project and MS Office Applications
- Chartered Engineer and construction background will be an advantage