- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadline.
- Supervise a team of executives in charge of collections.
- Ensure all receipts to SMU made via various modes (cash, cheque, e-payments) are recorded and posted into accounting system timely and correctly matched against student and corporate accounts.
- Participate in the bank reconciliation process.
- Reconcile daily collections of receipts made over the counter at Finance office and Student Services Hub (SSH) Office.
- Plan for GIRO runs and ensure all necessary preparation and communication to students/customers are done.
- Ensure timely completion of all month end financial closing tasks, including posting of all journals, preparation of bank reconciliation and audit schedules.
- Manage and issue receipts to customers promptly when requested.
- Manage the refund process to students, external organization such as corporates, CPF, PSEA, Mendaki. Apply funds received from the external organization to student accounts including all financial assistance money.
- Supervise & attend to queries from customers (students, parents, corporate) at the counter, email, mail.
- Prepare and manage roster of other Finance staff who are supporting over-the-counter customer queries.
- Supervise receipting function team.
- Participant in projects or other tasks that may be assigned by Reporting/Approving Officer and to ensure the correct and efficient operations, including during the matriculation process and financial assistance process.
- Diploma in Accountancy, Business or a related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge, especially in identifying and posting bank receipts will be advantageous.
- Direct experience in managing customer enquiries is required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP FICO and/or Peoplesoft will be advantageous.
- A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadline.
- Results and service oriented individual who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with all level of staff.