- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Able to read and understand English. NTC-2-3/Diploma in Food Preparation will be added advantage.
Junior Sous Chef/Sous Chef
Located within the Central Business District and positioned as an International Business Hotel. At this time, we are seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic individual to join our opening team as:
Chef De Partie
The successful candidate will report to the Junior Sous Chef , works closely internally as a department and also with all other departments.
- Maintaining the standard of food quality.
- Contribute ideas for menus, daily specials and food promotion for special occasions.
- Direct and coordinate activities of kitchen crew as to ensure efficient of food service.
- Take responsibility during the absence of the Junior Sous Chef/Sous Chef
- To prepared food as arranged by superior.
- To understand the standard recipes in line with the service standard of the hotel.
- To perform daily routine tasks autonomously.
- To minimize of food wastages, exercising of food proper portioning.
- To maintain a high standard in hygiene and follow the safety and hygiene regulations set by National Environment Agency.
- To prepare inter-kitchen transfer and check on quality/quantity of food received from direct market order, general food store and other sub-department.
- To select appropriate service dish for meals and food ordered, present food according to hotel’s standards before serving.
- To be able to manage and train kitchen crew.
- Any other ad-hoc task as instructed by superior.
Education & Work Experience
- Able to read and understand English.
- NTC-2-3/Diploma in Food Preparation will be added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Western/Local food preparation.
- A team player, hardworking and highly motivated individual.
- Willing to work on weekends and public holidays.
If you have the enthusiasm and dedication to join and assist our pre-opening team in positioning Carlton City as a leading hotel in Singapore’s CBD, kindly email or write to us at the contact details below. Please include the position applied for in the email subject line and include a detailed resume with your current and expected salary.
The Director of Human Resource
Carlton Properties (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
1 Gopeng Street