- Salary: 8000 - 10000
- Location: Singapore - Various Location
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Business Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Microsoft Office
The Chief Architect (CA) is a new breed of leaders which will be responsible to oversee the harmony between the technical and the design aspects of the company. The CA will work closely with the Management and the team lead of each department to grow the company capabilities through the use of latest technological and design resources. Using an active, innovative and practical approach, the CA will direct all employees in the all departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
• In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
• Identify technology and design trends along with the evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
• Evaluate and identify appropriate technology and design platforms for delivering the company’s services.
• Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all services.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, software operations, infrastructure, etc.
• Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies, platforms and processes that support company organizational needs.
• Direct design, development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Communicate the company’s collaboration of technology and design strategy to management, staff, customers, and stakeholders.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, UX methodologies, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
• Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
• Ensure that technology and design standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
• Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s management, staff and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological and design vision, opportunities, and challenges.
• Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
• Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review)
Requirements and Skills
• Minimum 8-10 years of solid technical working experiences and knowledge within the software development industry with 4-5 years proven experience in leading team
• Strong analytics and be creative while solving problems
• Strong interest in design and UI/UX processes
• Ability to actively communicate, negotiate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
• Ability to think in a bigger picture and act strategically and proactively
• Strong technical knowledge in full stack development
• Proficient understanding in PHP/ Laravel 5.1 & above
• Proficient understanding in IOS and Android Development
• Proficient understanding of Mobile Hybrid framework such as React Native
• Proficient understanding in Blockchain will be an added advantage
• Proficient understanding of Unit testing suites such as: Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, QUnit
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such Git and expert in Git Flow
• Proficient understanding of cross platform mobile development framework using HTML, JS and CSS
• Proficient understanding of Database Implementation and tuning (MySQL 5.6 and above)
• Proficient understanding of UX research methodologies
• Experience in Test-driven development environment and the use of unit testing suites such as: Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, QUnit
• Experience in building REST API and Microservices
• Experience in real time application development such as Socket IO and Pusher
• Familiar with UX research lifecycle (UX/UI), software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops) such as Linux Administration
• Knowledge of QA, testing methodology and penetrating testing for mobile application and web