- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: 'N' / 'O' Levels
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Education/Training, Communications skills, Teaching - General
The Child Care Teacher is responsible to the pre-school director in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities.
- Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
- Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and in particular, those within your designated class group.
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
- Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
- Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school. Treat all information with confidentiality.
- Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
- Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room.
- Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
- Collaborate with pre-school director and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
- Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care.
- Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education in Teaching (English) with L2 status
- 5 GCE ‘O’ levels with B4 in English Language or Chinese Language
- Minimum 2 years experience as child care teacher
We offer a competitive remuneration package plus benefits to the right candidate.
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to email your updated resume in MS Word to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “EtonHouse < the position you are interested in>” by 30 August 2013.
Only Singaporean and Singapore PR need apply