- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Committed, meticulous, organised and resourceful with positive work attitude.
- Perform cashier duties and reconcile daily collection receipts made over counter at Office of Finance.
- Ensure all receipts to SMU made via various modes (cash, cheque, GIRO, TT, e-payments) are recorded and posted into accounting system timely and correctly matched against student and corporate accounts.
- Apply funds received from the external organization to student accounts including all financial assistance money.
- Download daily bank statements and update remarks on receipts working file.
- Match and clear receipting entries of various payment modes in SAP system.
- Issue receipts to customers promptly when requested.
- Process refund to students, customers or external organization such as corporates, CPF, PSEA, Mendaki.
- Respond to queries from students, customers or internal stakeholders at the counter, or Finance mailboxes.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations or reconciliations of other modes of payment.
- Ensure timely completion of all month end financial closing tasks, including posting of all journals, preparation of bank reconciliation and audit schedules.
- Participate in projects or other tasks that may be assigned by Reporting / Approving Officer and to ensure the correct and efficient operations, including during the matriculation process and financial assistance process.
- Minimum Diploma in Accountancy or a related discipline with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in any of the major accounting software (SAP, Oracle PeopleSoft, etc).
- Strong accounting knowledge, especially in identifying and posting bank receipts will be advantageous.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Direct experience in managing customer enquiries is required.
- A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Results and service oriented individual who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with all level of staff.
- Committed, meticulous, organised and resourceful with positive work attitude.