- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Networking and negotiation skills.
The SMU Libraries invites dynamic, innovative and service-oriented individuals to apply for the position of Communications and Outreach Librarian. This position supports the Library’s efforts in interactions and communications with its customers and stakeholders both internally and externally. The position holder will work with the larger team of library staff to ensure the library’s communication strategies and endeavours are effective, proactive, aligned with SMU’s strategic goals and the Library’s priorities, and they are appropriate and consistent. The position holder will work in a team environment and is responsible for the following:
- Manage the library’s website, including the creation and updating of content, monitoring usage and optimising access.
- Use social media, printed and electronic channels to plan and implement the library’s communication, promotion and outreach activities.
- Co-ordinate marketing and user experience research activities with different stakeholders and measure and evaluate the effectiveness of projects related to publicity and promotion and follow up with outcomes as a member of relevant teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, journalism or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree or graduate coursework in Library or Information Studies.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience; preferable experience in public and media relations and frontline customer services.
- Experience with or knowledge of web authoring and publishing with Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to different types of stakeholders.
- Basic proofreading skills and ability to vary writing style based on target audience and purpose.
- Social media knowledge and its applications.
- Event management experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively, and to partner with key personnel throughout the organization.
- Creative, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic individual with excellent planning, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Flexible and agile.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations with faculty and staff.
- Project management skills.
- Networking and negotiation skills.
Please clickhttps://library.smu.edu.sg/sites/library.smu.edu.sg/files/library/pdf/CareerAd/JD_Communications&OutreachLibrarian_20Jul2017.pdffor more details on the position available.
Interested applicants, please email your resumes with a covering letter. The covering letter must state the applicants’ responses to the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.