- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Marine Engineering, Maritime Studies, Maritime Transportation Management
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental Protection Management, Sailing, Supervising, monitoring, selecting & recuiting of seafarers
Salary : Up to $8k
- Managing the selection and recruitment of all seafarers, directly or through manning agents, in accordance with the SMS procedures
- Ensuring that each vessel is manned with qualified, medically fit, and experienced seafarers and supervising the application of the STCW convention onboard
- Controlling briefing, interviewing, screening and hiring for all seagoing personnel
- Monitoring available ex-crew and schedule deployment, anticipating future Company's needs for recruitment and informing the Fleet manning head on manpower planning and employment problems.
- Implementing manning decisions made by the Top Management
- Liaising with the other Department Heads for the recruitment of Deck and Engine Officers
- Checking application forms and previous Company's records for each seagoing personnel prior to engagement and deal with the same after engagement
- Verifying that the qualifications and experience of new recruits are genuine
- Ensuring the control/monitoring of documents and certificates of embarking seagoing personnel
- Maintaining Crew lists of current manning in respect of each vessel
- Maintaining personal, medical and training records and certification details of all personnel. Keeping all personal files up-to-date. Maintaining a computerized database which contains key personal data and assignment history of all personnel
- Reviewing information on the performance of all seagoing personnel and make suggestions on their promotion, after consultation with the Department Heads
- Implementing salary, pension and welfare schemes
- Resolving employment disputes with seafarers and their representatives and ensuring smooth completion of same.
- Keeping aware of manning developments including the requirements of ILO, Flag Administration, Seamen's union and representative bodies, ship owners' unions and employment associations.
- Pooling unsuitable seagoing personnel and keeping full records
On Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental Protection Management
- The promotion of the SMS Policy and culture on board vessels
- Demonstrating his commitment to safety and environmental excellence, by his behavior
- Ensuring that the requirements stipulated in the SMS are properly implemented and maintained by his department
- Ensuring that the working conditions onboard are safe
- Performing internal audits
- Informing the DPA and the Legal Advisor of crew injuries, illness, desertions, stowaways and other P&I related claim incidents and providing them with supportive evidence and reports
- Briefing seagoing personnel with the SMS Policy, procedures and requirements
- Ensuring that the performance of all Officers and ratings is to be appraised in accordance with the Company's appraisal system
- Evaluating Manning Agents
- Identifying training needs of Seafarers and initiating further actions
- Member of the Emergency Response Team
- Participating in the Shore Safety/Management Review meetings and ensuring that any subsequent actions are carried out as soon as is practicable thereafter
- Degree in relevant Marine Engineering/studies or equivalent with previous work experience in similar role
- Sailing experience is an advantage
- Good knowledge of foreign countries immigration, regulations, crew certifications, customs and marine department
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English in both speech and writing.
- Strong Leadership skills.
Interested parties/candidates, please send your updated resume in MS Word format including the followings
(1) Current & expected salary
(2) Reason(S) for leaving
(3) Date of availability
(4) Recent photo
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
MOM License No: 11C5188