- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Data Center Management, budgeting, asset management, facility management
Data Centre Operations Management
Data Centre Strategy and Planning:
- Execute the Data Centre Strategy - including consolidation & migration of Data Centre Operations.
- Develop DC Strategies to support cost effective hardware architectures using technologies such as virtualization and server consolidation.
- Develop a capacity plan for Data Centre facilities
- Prepare operating and capital budget, including formulating programs relating to routine and periodic data centre operations and facility maintenance work
- Input into overall IT project roadmap
Data Centre Operation:
- Manage a team of operators to provide 24*7 support to the DC operations.
- Manage process to provide correct information to configuration management regarding the physical location and status of configuration items
- Manage Facility maintenance work, including monitoring and control to ensure completion within time and cost objectives.
- Carry out contract administration works, including the calling, evaluation of tenders/quotations, the preparation of specifications ,adjudication papers, award and administer contracts and payments for data centre operations and facility works
- Work with Facilities management to ensure correct design and operations are provided to meet business requirements.
- Work with vendors and facilities managers to proactively provide Data Centre capacity and demand metrics to meet business requirements
- Manage and undertake processes that deliver effective Data Centre access, hardware installations, commissioning and decommissions
- Work towards ensuring appropriate physical security is in place and enforced
- Development of policies regarding Data Centre physical access and installation works
- Coordinate regular internal and external Audits of the Data Centres and Server Rooms
- Approver of physical access to the IT Data Centres and Server Rooms.
- Liaise with Group IT’s technical support, application support and users on the provision of supporting documents/procedures (such as operation manual, backup schedule, escalation and callout list, etc..) relating to hosting of IT application systems in the data centres.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of data centre facilities including Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system, Remote Surveillance System, Card Access System, etc
- Manage, allocate and prepare data centre resources such as power supply and space for hosting IT equipment in the data centre.
- Implement mechanisms to manage inventory of Data Centre equipment
- Ensure an appropriate maintenance regime is established for all facility and Data Centre utilities and plant, including regular testing and electrical and mechanical inspections
- Regularly report on the status of all maintenance activities
- Investigate and implement cost control and cost reduction strategies where appropriate