- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Statistics , Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Applied Mathematics
- Years of Experience: 10
- Skills: Communications skills, Customer service, Presentation skills
- Work with the government agencies to identify opportunities where Business Analytics (BA) can be applied to transform and enhance the effectiveness of public sector governance and policy making, improve agencies operations and delivery of public services.
- Develop BA prototypes/Proof of Concept through coding of analytics models & algorithms to derive actionable insights from data provided by agencies.
- Collaborate with the identified government agencies staff to architect the overall supporting storage and compute infrastructure to support the deployment of the analytics models, applications and visualisation of the results.
- Collaborate with the relevant project managers to conceptualise, develop project scope, requirements, budget and timeline including seeking management approval for the implementation of the identified BA projects
- Implement the BA programmes/projects and to ensure that the programmes/projects analytics objectives are met.
- PHD/ Bachelor of Science (Statistics and Applied Mathematics) or Degree in Electrical Engineering/ infocomm-related discipline.
- At least 10 years working experience, with at least 3 years of Data Mining experience or BA experience in the implementation of BA solutions for end users.
- Deep knowledge of Analytics models, software & tools with the ability to conceptualise, architect the key components of BA projects and to develop prototypes using statistical software packages such as R, SAS or STATISTICA.
- Experience in solutions using technologies such as Hadoop/Hive,Hbase and NoSQL
- Extensive experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Team player who is proactive, quality-conscious, customer-oriented and results-oriented.
- Good analytical ability, conceptual thinking, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent writing skills, good verbal communications skills and good presentation skills.