- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Information and Communication Technology
- Years of Experience: 4
- Skills: Oracle, SQL, Database Administrator, DBA
This is a 2 Years contract opportunity.
The DBA resource(s) personnel assigned must be a certified DB2 and/or MS-SQL Administrator in administration and troubleshooting, in a 24x7 enterprise setting (inclusive of manual discovery or post actions from automatic alerts). You are expected to cover level 1 and level 2 database related problems and must be an experienced DBA in the following areas but not limited to the following competencies:
- Database Analysis
- DB Performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- SQL Coding
- Database Migration
- Implementing database security features
- Practical knowledge of database backup and recovery
- Technical database documentation
- Perform daily health check on the database
- Verify database status and integrity at instances with application upgrade or at maintenance period (schedule/ad-hoc).
- Databases’ housekeeping/optimization activities including but not limited to:
- Highlight and ensure sufficient data growth. Create/reallocate DB files, tables, indexes, rollback segments, (auto)extent management and other database objects
To be successful for the role, the incumbent should holds a Degree in IT or relevant studies with at least 5 years experience in Oracle, MS SQL Database support experience. ITIL certified would be an advantage.