- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Contract
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Information and Communication Technology
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Technical Writer
The incumbent is a vital individual contributor who is primarily responsible for the management of process design documentation and specifications which are essential to the on-going development of the business/ services.
- He/ She is to ensure all documents are written and formatted according to applicable Managed Services standards; manage templates and provide guidance and support users on how to use them when creating documents for their areas.
- He/ She is responsible for document control, storage, cataloging and retrieval of documents to maintain the integrity of working documents and update documentation when revised.
- He/ She is to maintain and continuously improve the electronic Document Management systems for document storage and retrieval, and help train employees on efficient system usage.
- He/ She is responsible for document security, for assigning access, archiving and for removing and destroying obsolete documents to ensure a controlled distribution to meet the ISO/IEC 20000 Document Management requirements.
- He/ She is to work closely with the development, product management, solution services, and training departments for the writing, editing, and producing in various output formats the technical and functional documentation/content.
- He/ She is to develop and update technical documentation/content adhering to Company’s format, content and style guidelines.
- He/ she is to develop and update online Help and XML single source content for the organization.
- He/ She is to research and evaluate new documentation tools and methods.
- He/ She is to implement policies, monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and tracking of all written documentation used or produced by the IT organization.
- He/ She is to manage the periodic review of Managed Services documentation (e.g. SOPs, specifications, Quality agreements) with the document owners to avoid the risk of documents exceeding the review date.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Process and Detail-oriented and able to work with a high volume of documents in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent listening skills, and be able to handle multiple requests while detailing document activity.
- Facilitate leadership to Managed Services team/SME to manage the development and completion of project and program documentation.
- Facilitate awareness by providing both verbal and written communications regarding status, risks and issues impacting deliverables.
- Guide team collaboration working to ensure each document product meets the goals, objectives, and quality standards of the program.
- Perform assessment of completed documentation to determine if those efforts accomplished objectives targeted at their initiation for high quality standards. Developing recommendations for improving project successes.
- Edit work effectively as well as to write clear, concise and comprehensive documentation on complex, multi-level technical issues.
- Assist in the implementation of practices, resources, and controls to ensure the successful completion of all documentation in an effective and efficient manner.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to communicate technical information in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to edit the technical writing of others to a professional and articulate level.
- At least minimum 3 years of technical and business experience in technical documentation in large organizations.
- High proficient and articulate writing and communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
- Working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle, with an emphasis on the development of use cases.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Powerpoint, Visio), Adobe Technical Communications Suite, Acrobat and SharePoint.
- Experience with writing white papers, knowledgebase articles, etc. and/or a working knowledge of Enterprise Content Management.
Proven ability to self-edit work effectively as well as to write clear, concise and comprehensive documentation on complex, multi-level technical issues.