- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Economics
- Skills: Written and Oral Communication skills, IT skills, proficient in MS Office Applications
The successful candidate will:
- Advise the High Commissioner, Deputy High Commissioner, and other senior UK officials in Singapore and London on local economic and trade policy developments and engagement strategies;
- Provide value added, timely, reporting to a range of UK Government customers on economic, financial, and trade policy developments in Singapore. This will involve working closely with colleagues in other teams, in particular UKTI and Political;
- Engage with a network of key Singaporean interlocutors to pursue UK economic and trade policy interests in Singapore;
- Support economic related official visits, both to Singapore and the UK;
- Present on Singapore economic developments to UKTI business delegations;
- Work with the Regional Director, UKTI, and Communications Team to promote the UK’s economic strengths in Singapore;
- Play an active role as a member of the SE Asia Economic and Trade Policy Network; contributing to regional reporting and project/policy work (with the opportunity to lead the occasional regional report/project, if desired). Working alongside the Regional Director, identify opportunities to cooperate with Singapore on ASEAN issues.
- Strong first degree in economics, or at least a degree with a significant economics component (Masters degree not required but could be beneficial);
- Proven experience in economic analysis, with the ability to carry out research, and summarise findings in a concise and professional format;
- Experience working on financial and/or trade policy issues would be an advantage, but not essential;
- Strong network of contacts in government and private sector would be beneficial;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain relatively complex issues to a non-technical audience. Experience in presenting to an external audience would be beneficial;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Good IT skills, proficient in MS Office applications.
- Salary + CPF, payable 14 times a year
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Medical insurance package covering GP, specialist and hospitalisation treatment
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-singapore/about/recruitment by 8th September 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain authorisation to work in Singapore in order to apply.
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 23rd September 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.