- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science
- Years of Experience: 15
- Skills: Experience with Core Java 8, Cloud Foundry (or equivalent), Amazon Web Services (or equivalent), relational and non-relational databases, and Linux, Unix systems
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS is the World’s Best Digital Bank is on a mission to reimagine banking and make it a seamless and invisible part of our everyday lives. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
At DBS, we see ourselves as a 22,000 people start up, leveraging start up thinking while relying on the latest innovation to design and develop technology solutions for our customers and people.
We’re looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
* Based in Singapore, you’ll be responsible for managing the production service delivery for mission critical applications for the Consumer Banking Businesses regionally. This straddles the full spectrum of applications from client channels (internet banking, mobile banking, ATM, Digital Banking apps), to the product processors for Cards, Wealth and so on.
* Your primary responsibility will be to partner with the business, end-users and Operations to drive the engineers to manage the reliability and scalability the mission critical applications to provide superior client experience.
* You will also develop and implement methodologies and tools to enhance everything we do in production by empowering our engineers to be responsible for their systems in the most effective way possible.
* Manages team size circa 250 + in Singapore
* Champions production resilience and availability, focusing on superior client experience, by working with the businesses and technology teams
* The main mission of the role apart from providing superior client experience through reliability and scalability is to drive towards a fully automated and intelligent production environment leveraging instrumentation and machine learning.
* Drive effective communication between business and technology with regards to production service reliability and performance
* Drive continuous improvements in processes or systems leveraging Site Reliability Engineering methods
* Respond to, evaluate and analyse production incidents to minimise their impact as well as devise innovative solutions to prevent them in the future
* Improve the reliability and availability of systems by gathering hard data, designing systems for increased service reliability and performance
* Provide expert advice and training to our engineers as to which technology solutions and advanced reliability techniques to use on each situation
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and at least 15 or more years of relevant experience.
* Experience driving major transformation programmes for production resilience and performance, and client experience
* Experience with Core Java 8, Cloud Foundry (or equivalent), Amazon Web Services (or equivalent), relational and non-relational databases, and Linux, Unix systems
* Experience with distributed architecture, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
* Experience in Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
* Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performant systems.
* Experience with managing cloud architecture based environment is highly desired.
* Experience with Banking will be an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.