- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Indonesia - Batam
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering & Economics
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Written and oral communication skills, MS Office, Leadership skills, Organizational skills, Time management skills, Detail oriented, Multi-tasking, Reasoning skills, Time management
Reports to: Factory Manager
- Provide leadership to the engineering team in achieving the goals set for the manufacturing operation. Develop new processes and improve existing processes with the aim of meeting the overall requirements of the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead in the development activities for new manufacturing processes including molding and assembly operation associated with medical and non-medical product.
- Defines the development plans covering requirements in areas such production equipment, inspection equipment, documents, manufacturing method, test method, related international standards requirement.
- Lead in the New Project launch for the new product or processes with coordinating with the various operational departments ensuring the activities essential to the successful project launch are executed accordingly.
- Develop protocols for new process and equipment validation or qualification.
- Be the lead in the conducting of Process Validation namely IQ/OQ/PQ with defining the machine parameters essential to the production of good quality product.
- Work with the Design team in conducting Design for Manufacturability (DFM) Studies for the new product.
- Advise the product engineering team on the appropriate dimensional tolerances or product characteristics essential to meeting the capabilities of the processes without impacting the functional requirements of the product.
- Conduct Process Capabilities Studies for assemblies’ processes related to new product and newly set up or modified assembly processes using Capabilities Index such as Cp and Cpk.
- Analyze data related to the processes undergoing capability studies or qualification or validation using appropriate Statistical Tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other Control Charts.
- Develop Test Methods for determining the capabilities of the processes and quality of the product related to the processes for both new and existing products or processes.
- Guide the production personnel in the conducting of Line Balancing, Motion Study and Time Study for optimization of the assembly processes.
- Prepares various process engineering deliverables such as Process Operation Standards, Test Protocols, Assembly Line Flow Diagram, Procedures, Work Instructions for respective assembly stations, and all other documents essential to the production of quality product and related controls.
- Advise production on the Calibration and Preventive Maintenance methods and schedule for the main and ancillary components of the manufacturing equipment.
- Establishes and updates procedures that relates to the newly set up assembly processes for product
- Supervise technical and administrative personnel engaged in Engineering activities
- Minimum a diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Possesses good mechanical engineering knowledge and work experience
- Minimum 8 years of working experience as an Engineering Manager or Senior Engineer in an assembly manufacturing company
- Minimum 5 years working experience in managing team of engineer, technician and operator
- Working experience in a Medical Industry company will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak in Bahasa Indonesian an advantage
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient in MS office
- Must have strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Able to work with people of different culture, background and personalities
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
- Demonstrate personal time management skills