- Salary: 4817 - 9703
- Location: Singapore - North
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: The successful applicant for this position will have experience with Singapore environmental standards
OPEN DATE: 09 JAN 2018 // CLOSING DATE: 08 FEB 2018
1. Selectee may be appointed under a Services Agreement (SA) for one year. A SA is an agreement entered into by the U.S. Government and an individual, thereby establishing an employer-employee relationship. The agreement may be extended by the Government for up to an additional (nine) one-year periods. The total term of the agreement shall not exceed ten years. If both parties desire to continue the relationship after ten years, a new agreement must be drawn up.
2. The full performance level of this position is SN-11. If selected at the lower grade, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade without further competition and upon meeting all qualification requirements and at management’s discretion. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
3. Miscellaneous Benefits Allowances are in addition to the base pay shown above.
4. Must be able to obtain a satisfactory background check as a condition of employment.
5. Must file an Employment and Financial Interest form before assuming duties of this position and on an annual basis thereafter.
6. Selectee will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination prior to entrance on duty.
7. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Singapore Driver’s license.
8. Some physical effort may be required, e.g. walking, standing, carrying light items, driving or traveling by motor vehicle or accessing and inspecting industrial areas and piers.
9. May be occasional exposure to moderate risks or discomforts in storage areas or hazardous waste sites during site visits. Personal Protective Equipment may be required. Respirator qualifications may also be required.
- Manages, implements, and/or monitors environmental programs and services to assure compliance with U.S. Department of Defense and local Singapore environmental regulatory requirements.
- Performs routine inspections and audits and may lead audit teams in evaluating compliance status.
- Recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Provide basic environmental awareness training and activity specific environmental training.
- Implements plans to accomplish program goals and reports progress periodically to leadership.
- Plans for and conducts analysis of environmental programs concerning effectiveness of current work operations/practices for control of environmental programs.
- Performs environmental sampling, coordinates sample analyses, and interprets results.
- Provides oversight and evaluation of contractors performing environmental protection work for the U.S. Navy.
- Prepares or reviews reports and follows up on findings of noncompliance and notices of violations.
- Represents the command or participates in meetings with external groups such as, community groups, local regulatory agencies related to environmental programs.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: In order to qualify for this position, your résumé must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your résumé is the key means for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough résumé that directly relates to this position.
In addition, your résumé must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT SN-08 LEVEL is defined as experience which equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) to perform successfully the duties of the position that is in or directly related to the position to be filled. The successful applicant for this position will have experience with Singapore environmental standards. In addition, experience with monitoring environmental programs and services to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT SN-09 LEVEL is defined as experience which equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) to perform successfully the duties of the position that is in or directly related to the position to be filled. The successful applicant for this position will have experience, in addition to the SN-08 level, with the Navy’s Overseas Environmental Policy. In addition, experience with implementing environmental programs and services to assure compliance with U.S. Federal and Republic of Singapore regulatory requirements.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT SN-10 LEVEL is defined as experience which equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) to perform successfully the duties of the position that is in or directly related to the position to be filled. The successful applicant for this position will have experience, in addition to the SN-09 level, managing multiple media programs, acting as a Contracting Officer’s Representative or Performance Assessment Representative. In addition, experience with planning environmental programs and services to assure compliance with U.S. Federal and Republic of Singapore regulatory requirements. Selectee should also have experience in planning and conducting analysis of complex environmental programs concerning effectiveness of current work operations or practices for control of environmental programs.
(See specifics: OPM Qualification Standard for GS positions: (http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/) for GS positions Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Administrative and Management Positions: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards).
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS (TIG): Applicants must meet COMLOGWESTPAC 12200 time-in-grade requirements for promotion to the next Singapore National (SN) grade. A minimum period of 52 consecutive weeks in grade is required to be eligible for promotion to the next higher grade within SN-05 to SN-12, inclusive. TIG restrictions apply to any candidate who within the previous 52 weeks held a SN or other creditable service position under non-temporary appointment. TIG must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Technical and/or Training education certificate or diploma in a Building, Civil, Structural, or Environmental discipline is desired but not required. Please submit a copy of your college transcript or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of your college transcript or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. If selected, you will be required to provide an official college transcript (with the college/ university's seal) prior to entrance on duty.
SN-09: Completion of technical education, GCE A, or diploma, a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree and more than (1) full year of progressively higher level graduate education OR one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least SN-08 level.
SN-10: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B or J.D., if related OR one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least SN-09 level.
SN-11: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M, if related OR one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least SN-10 level.
SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT (S.A.A.): S.A.A. is based on (1) Class standing - must be in the upper third of the graduation class in the college, university, or major subdivision OR (2) Grade-point average - a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or computed based on coursed completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required coursed completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum OR (3) honor society. In order to be creditable under this provision, superior academic achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled and only applies to two-grade intervals position.
PAY RETENTION: Pay retention may be granted to the selectee who accepts a downgrade when there is no step in the lower grade that equals or exceeds his/her current rate of basic pay.
EVALUATION FACTORS: Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be rated on the following job related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). Applicants are strongly encouraged to address these factors to receive full consideration. Include dates, level of experience, and where you obtained the KSA.
EVALUATION FACTORS: This position utilizes the following competencies:
1. Knowledge in environmental protection programs, and a high level of skill in applying this knowledge in solving complex problems involving diverse aspects of environmental protection (e.g., performing investigations, inspections, or oversight activities).
2. Skilled in independently planning and carrying out programs or projects; determining the approach to be taken and the methods to be used; resolving most of the conflicts that arise; coordinating the work with others as necessary; and interpreting policy in terms of established objectives.
3. Skill in using data gathering and analytical techniques to collect and review technical information on environmental activities and develop recommendations for a course of action.
INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS VACANCY: Email HRO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO MAY APPLY: Refer to the Area of Consideration for each vacancy announcement.
HOW TO APPLY: Application and forms must be received in the Human Resources Office, Building 7-4, PSA Sembawang Terminal, Deptford Road, Singapore 759657 by 1500 of the closing/cut-off date of the announcement. Postmark dates will not be accepted. All applications must show the announcement number and grades applying for. Do not submit copies of position/job descriptions or other documents/extraneous material not requested. It is the applicant's responsibility to make a copy of the application and attachments for future use. Applications and attachments will not be retrieved for duplication or for return. Each applicant is responsible for submitting complete information on his/her qualifications. Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications requirements (including time-in-grade requirements for GS-positions) as of the closing date/cut-off date of the announcement.
Failure to submit required forms/information or to meet the closing/cut-off date will result in a loss of consideration for the position for which you are applying. E-mailed and FAXED applications will not be accepted. Unsolicited documents will be discarded.
Submitting your application by regular mail is strongly encouraged. If, however, you are submitting via other methods (including ALL courier services), please contact the HRO at least 5 working days in advance.
Full application can be found at: http://www.cnic.navy.mil/content/cnic/cnic_hq/regions/cnrj/om/human_resources/Other_Local_National_Jobs/OL_Singapore_Local_National_Positions.html
1. Singapore Local National Application Form OR Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612) OR résumé OR other written format. Required forms are available at HRO Website http://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrj/om/human_resources/Other_Local_National_Jobs.html
2. Résumé and alternative forms of applications MUST contain the following:
- Announcement number, title and grade of the job for which you are applying.
- Full name, mailing address, and day and evening telephone numbers; Singapore Identity Card (NRIC) number, country of citizenship.
- If you are not a Singaporean citizen, proof of your residency status in Singapore (copy of your permanent residence card).
- Education: Name of high school, city, state and date of diploma or GED; name of college and/or university, city state; majors with type and year of any degrees received.
- Highest Federal civilian grade held (also give job series and dates held); proof of reinstatement eligibility, if applicable.
- Work Experience: Job title, duties and accomplishments, employer’s name and address; supervisor’s name and phone number; starting and ending dates (Mo/Yr), hours worked per week, & salary. Include all relevant experience, whether it was paid or unpaid work. Do not send copies of job descriptions, personal endorsements or other unsolicited material. If you do not wish us to contact your present employer, please state so clearly on the résumé or application.
- Other Qualifications: List dates and titles of job-related training courses, certificates, licenses, honors, awards, and special accomplishments.
- An original signature and date.
3. SF-50 copy - MUST submit most recent copy if current or previous federal employee or reinstatement eligible. NAF employees must provide most recent copy of Personnel Action Report (PAR).
4. Copy of Official College Transcript (if applicable). Please refer to “Education” information above. Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment.
5. Supplemental Experience Statement or separate sheet addressing evaluation factors as indicated by the announcement.
6. Copy of most recent performance appraisal.