- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Masters
- Field of Study: Political Science
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: affiliation with defence and security, sponsorship sales experience, computer savvy, highly motivated, organized and proactive
IB Consultancy Singapore is looking for an ambitious Event Producer to be part of the events team in Singapore. The position includes event production and organization for international events in Southeast Asia. The Event Producer will have the following responsibilities:
- Researching potential themes and topics through in-depth market research;
- Organization of high-profile international events in the fields of Defence and Security
- Contacting potential speakers and partners and make arrangements;
- Contributing to event logistics;
- Sponsorship sales for the events, while developing an understanding of the defence and security sector to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships
- Managing and increasing the database through content driven research and new leads generation
- Generating new leads through researching and cold calling
- Arranging media partnerships and be responsible for accurate follow-up;
- International travel for the conference and on-site project management
- Updating the company’s CRM system.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about organising events, strongly committed, hardworking and has a genuine interest and proven experience in the security and defence industry. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. They must be commercially-minded, self-starters, confident & professional in all their business dealings with at least 2 years prior experience in conference production. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident
- 1-3 years of experience in conference production
- At least 1 year experience in sales with a proven record of success
- Graduated in a relevant field of study (defence, security, international relations) at a Masters level
- Proficiency in the English language, and preferably able to speak another language;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude;
- Strong analytical skills, a curious mind and being creative at the same time (out of the box thinking);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages;
- Have international experience;
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
You will be working within an international team of talented junior and highly skilled senior consultants. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organisational structure. We will set goals and expect you to reach them. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
Competitive salary based on experience, including a variable salary component based on sponsorship sales and event target reached.
If you want to get away from the typical B2B commercial conference model this is a great opportunity to make your mark in a specialist defence and security consultancy company. If you do well and exceed expectations there is the opportunity for a huge amount of career development available within this young dynamic organization
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Event Producer Singapore’, with their full CV (including relevant activities, papers, travel and picture) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.