- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Accountancy, Finance
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: IFRS, SEA Accounting Standards, Taxation Law
- Report directly to the General Manager of the Company and functionally report to the Financial Controller of the South East Asia Region in Singapore.
- Overall responsible for the Finance & Accounting dept. of the Company
- Oversee freight collections and ensure all collections on behalf of the Principal are collected from customers and credited to the Principal within the required timelines.
- Ensure all local income are collected from customers and booked properly.
- Ensure vendor invoices are properly checked, approved and paid.
- Responsible for monthly/yearly financial & accounting reporting, which include but are not limited to: monthly income statement, balance sheet accounts reconciliation, cash flow forecast, Principal account statement, annual budget and forecast, debtor ageing report, creditor ageing report and yearly internal reporting package & statutory accounts.
- Review customer credit application and make recommendation to General Manager and the South East Asia regional office; ensure the regional credit control procedures and policies are followed in the country.
- Resolve any accounting or tax related issues raised by internal/external auditors and/or external authorities.
- Deal with external auditors, tax agent and local authorities and ensure all tax filings and any other legal filing as required by local laws and regulations are done correctly and timely.
- Coordinate with the South East Asia regional office in Singapore and ensure internal control policies and procedures stipulated by the regional office are fully implemented in the country.
- Identify improvement area and develop good accounting control procedure and practice to enhance accounting quality and efficiency.
- The entry point of the regional office for any inquires related to Finance & Accounting.
- Select/hire staff; develop/execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Assist the General Manager in any other ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Degree in Accountancy or a recognized professional qualification (ACCA).
- 5-7 years of experience in finance & accounting with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Candidate with working experience in the Big 4 companies would be an added advantage.
- Experience gained in shipping industry is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge in IFRS, SEA accounting standards and tax laws.
- Systems implementation knowledge is highly desired.
- High level of problem solving skills and an analytical mindset.
- Self-motivated person with strong leadership & supervisory skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, able to confidently liaise with people at all levels.
- High fluency in both spoken & written English.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Resumes please INCLUDE:
- Personal Particulars
- Work experiences in point forms
- Current and Expected salary
- All Reasons for leaving
- Date of availability & duration
- Recent photograph