- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Accountancy, Maritime Studies
- Years of Experience: 1
- Skills: Knowledge in any Accounting software applications is an advantage (e.g ACCPAC or Bass Accounting software), Microsoft words and excel skill
Our client, a ship management company is looking for Fleet Accountant:
- Provides operational support and is responsible for vessel operating and construction payables, working with purchasers and operations superintendents to ensure proper coding and approval.
- Works in a team and liaises with various departments as necessary to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Processes all invoices related to vessel operations and enters into the company’s vessel management system as well as into the company’s accounting system.
- Cross-reviews invoices prior to approval
- Works with superintendents and operations to ensure proper approval and coding of invoices
- Reviews and interprets monthly operating expense reports and assist Superintendents in budget/expense analysis and understanding financial results.
- Matches invoices to purchase and service orders (liaising with purchasers to confirm receipt of goods with vessels)
- Resolves vendors invoice issues and other payment matters
- Audit of vessel Cash Receipts and Disbursement records
- Reconciles key vessel accounts - financial and operational
- Completes the accounting entries relating to Dry-dock and Pre-delivery
- Reviews financial statements to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of the reports
- Assists financial services department with additional projects and month, quarter and year-end reporting processes as required.
- Reviews and analyzes vessel financial and operational performance.
- One to two years of full set of accounts experience in an operational setting
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting or equivalent
- Experience working with in a high-volume, fast-paced environment is preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to complete complex account reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- General aptitude for computer systems (eg. JD Edwards and Simply Accounting)
- Confident personality while providing service-oriented outlook
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidate who interested in the above position please visit our company website at www.royaloceanmarine.com and see our list of job opening
Kindly deposit your CV through our website main page, we will contact you once your profile fit our job opening.
You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CV Deposited through our website at www.royaloceanmarine.com will enjoy higher priority. Please do not submit through other portal or by email.
For those who occur problem to deposit CV, please contact us at 64239539.
We are sending you an invitation to join our Facebook “Royal Ocean Marine Enterprise Pte Ltd”.
We are updating the job posting on a regular basis on this Facebook. In order to promote our Facebook, we will be looking into having some lucky draws in the coming months. Please follow our updates on the Facebook and we wish you all the best in the lucky draw. Kindly join us in Facebook by liking on our page. The link to our Facebook page is as followed,
We hope that the updates on the job openings would be helpful to you.
Please assist us in recommending our Facebook to your friends and contacts especially who are looking into jobs related to Marine, Shipping, Offshore, Logistics and Engineering.
For more marine job openings, kindly refer to our website at www.royaloceanmarine.com