- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Skills: Communications skills, Organisational skills, Interpersonal skills, Planning skills
MFA has global operations in 50 Overseas Missions worldwide and our people are pivotal to the Ministry’s success. You will find opportunities to pursue a fulfilling career in safeguarding and advancing Singapore’s interests.
You are developed as the Ministry’s core group of Administration Specialist. There is a myriad of career opportunities to suit each individual’s interests and competencies. After serving in HQ, you may be posted to any of our 50 Overseas Missions where you have the unique experience of being in diverse social and cultural environments. Training opportunities abound to meet your specific needs and at various stages of your career. You can progress to the level of a Senior Manager based on your demonstrated performance and potential. You can also look forward to a competitive performance-based remuneration package and employee benefits.
Starting salary and entry grade will commensurate with assessment of academic qualifications, relevant work experience and completion of Full-time National Service (if applicable).
While at HQ you will perform the following roles:
Executive/Assistant Executive Jobs
- Consular:Advise and render assistance to distressed overseas Singaporeans in situations such as loss of travel documents, hospitalisation and detention.
- Corporate Services:Provide administrative support in either procurement, travel, relocation or estate management, or review workflow systems and promote quality management programmes.
- Finance / Internal Audit:Assist in budget and resource management, financial monitoring and controlling, or manage internal audit.
- Human Resource: Plan and execute various functions such as recruitment, performance management and career development to attract, recruit and retain officers.
- Protocol:Organise and execute programmes for incoming and outgoing VVIPs, and address issues relating to diplomatic privileges and immunities for foreign diplomatic missions in Singapore.
- Strategic Communications:Manage MFA’s corporate communications, coordinate the design and production of in-house publications and monitor news and commentaries.
- Technical Cooperation:Implement and coordinate courses, allocate training places, and source for and liaise with training providers.
- Directorate Support:Manage a team to provide registry, communications, administrative and secretarial support, and assist in budget, procurement and fixed assets matters.
- Directorate Support Assistant: Provide administrative, secretarial, registry and communications support.
- Personal Assistant:Provide secretarial support and manage the administration of the office.
- Communications Support:Disseminate incoming and outgoing faxes and emails and provide secretariat support for overseas visits and meetings. Ensure the effective management of information by the Communications Centre to support MFA’s principal objectives and the work of its Directorates/Overseas Missions. Provide first-line IT support and operate the Overseas Mission's communications system when posted overseas.
You must be a Singapore citizen.
We are looking for candidates with strong interpersonal, planning and organisational skills, and oral communication skills. Candidates should also be able to adapt to diverse social and cultural environments and meet the challenges of working overseas. Candidates with no working experience may also apply.