- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Supply Chain Management, Materials Engineering
- Years of Experience: 10
- Skills: Category management, Supplier management, People management skills, Purchasing
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership for assigned category through Category councils or individual contribution.
- Assume leadership roles Leadership role in the development and deployment of global category strategies that align with the Company and Division’s overall procurement strategy.
- Guide and collaborate with stakeholders towards the common category strategy.
- Design KPIs, track progress and adjust strategies to ensure continual improvement of Cost and Supply Base performance.
- Optimization on total cost of ownership leveraging Fact-based elements (i.e. supplier price breakdown, including processing cost obtained either through internal calculations, external benchmarking, market driven pricing, etc.
- Define, collaborate and execute negotiation strategy, negotiation schedule and supplier selection criteria.
- Strategy review and adjustment in line with Company’s strategies.
- Identify supply risks to supply/cost and develop plan to mitigate risks.
- Develop a team with a broad range of commercial, technical and organizational skills to ensure high leverage in Supplier selection, approval, negotiations and performance management.
- Develop supply base and sourcing staff performance measurements / metrics and plans and manage results to meet targets and report progress.
- Engage with engineering / quality stakeholders and other subject matter experts to ensure sourcing strategy is aligned to and capitalizes on suppliers technology / product roadmaps to drive innovation
Supplier selection & approval:
· Overall responsibility for identification, evaluation and the approval process of new suppliers that meet performance standards and compliance requirements. Drive cross functional teams including but not limited to Quality, Operations and Engineering in this undertaking.
· Leverage current supply base or Identify new suppliers to support new product launches / initiatives.
· Global / Regional Contracts / Make vs Buy Refresh cycle or outsourcing opportunities.
- Leverage current supply base or Identify new suppliers to support new product launches / initiatives.
Pricing & Cost:
· Understand the market(s) well enough to know who the leaders in pricing, technology and service are and drive to the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO).
· Work with Engineering, Operations, Commodity Managers, Sourcing functions, Logistics and the supply base to develop target cost and low cost alternatives. Understand all of the components of related costs to know where opportunities exist that need to be addressed. Regularly organize and conduct pricing benchmarks, competitive analysis.
· Utilize, develop a broad skill set of RFQ, Benchmarking and negotiation methodologies. Continuously improve staff technical, commercial and negotiation capabilities to ensure versatility in supplier meetings.
· Drive commodity-level improvement programs on cost, quality excellence, supply chain at suppliers. Develop and maintain a portfolio of cost saving projects that meet our targets for material cost reduction.
· Charter Supplier negotiation and Lead / Participate Negotiation with Divisional Leads. Negotiate agreements that address the global needs of the Division including, but not limited to price, delivery, quality and other required services. Lead negotiation with industry benchmarks / pricing targets / data (fact-based negotiations) and knowledge sharing. Responsible for provision of commercial sourcing expertise to all functional budget holders.
- Drive standardization (Processes, Design, requirements, specifications)
- Conduct various buying analyses and spend evaluations on an on-going basis.
· Full utilization of Sourcing and RFx and eProcurement tools, such as E-Auctions, Catalogues, etc.
· Ensure maximum leverage through consolidation of entity, region, division and global demand.
Supply Base Development & Management:
· Establish long term, cost competitive supplier relationships at high performance standards.
· Lead reviews with Engineering, Quality and Operations to develop a preferred supply base and drive supplier consolidation.
· Drive the efforts to move business away from suppliers that are not preferred. Work with all stakeholders to understand the right number of suppliers required. Minimize the amount of business with smaller suppliers or where our spend is insignificant. Minimize risk and secure supply.
· Assess, rate and minimize risk regularly and lead mitigation efforts. Indemnify our company through implementation of contracts, including but not limited to Terms & Conditions, Quality and Supply Agreements.
· Drive IT integration with key suppliers to automate transactions and communication.
· Total Supply Base Performance and Management on Technology Roadmaps, lead-time reduction, Inventory turns, Cost improvement and Supply Assurance. Implement common Supply Strategies (Inco Terms, Mode, VMI, CRP, etc)
- Build Supplier Relationship and drive Partnership to secure access and collaboration with Supplier Executive Management. Drive Supplier Partnership and Collaboration at all levels.
· Ensure at all times the Supply Base and our procurement group operates within the framework of regulatory and legal requirements. This includes but is not limited to compliance with Safety, Environmental, SOX, Tax, Customs and Ethical requirements and spend guidelines.
· Gain understanding and acceptance of respective documents, such as our Code of Conduct, Terms and Conditions and cover any other requirements through Supply Agreements. Coordinate efforts with other Global Product Divisions to ensure consistency with common suppliers and commodities.
· Setting standards and ensure compliance through spend classification.
· Support TQM, Lean/Six Sigma program by following approved policies and procedures.
· Promotes the implementation of “best practices” as it relates to supply chain management.
· Meet periodical with other Procurement staff across Divisions to share best practices, supplier information, etc.
- Material science education, preferable with specialization in Polymer science
- Category Management experience in a MNC, preferable with global scope
- Work experience in the Engineered Plastics industry
- Experience and market knowledge with Engineered Plastics, preferably Nylon, PBT and LCP
- Minimum 15 years of work experience
*Applicants may send CV directly to email@example.com.