- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Engineering (General)
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: • Proven track record in procurement, including financial modeling, supplier analysis, total cost of ownership understanding, • Possess technical knowledge in area of plastics and resins
Our client, a major global player in the electronics manufacturing industry for the high tech sector, is looking for a Global Procurement Manager to handle technical procurement pertaining to plastics and resins. Candidate must have work experience in procurement dealing with plastics and resins. Role is based in Singapore.
- Overall responsibility for identification, evaluation and the approval process of suppliers that meet our performance standards and compliance requirements
- Leverage current supply base and identify new suppliers to support new product launches / initiatives
- Understand the market(s) well enough to know who the leaders in pricing, technology and service are and drive to the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Work with Engineering, Operations, Commodity Managers, Sourcing functions, Logistics and the supply base to develop target cost and low cost alternatives. Regularly organize and conduct pricing benchmarks, competitive analysis
- Charter cupplier negotiation and lead / participate in negotiation with divisional leads
- Utilize, develop a broad skill set of RFQ, Benchmarking and negotiation methodologies
- Lead negotiation with industry benchmarks / pricing targets / data (fact-based negotiations) and knowledge sharing. Responsible for provision of commercial sourcing expertise to all functional budget holders.
- Full utilization of Sourcing and RFx and eProcurement tools, such as E-Auctions, Catalogues, etc.
- Drive standardization (processes, design, requirements, specifications)
- Establish long term, cost competitive supplier relationships at high performance standards
- Lead reviews with Engineering, Quality and Operations to develop a preferred supply base and drive supplier consolidation
- Assess, rate and minimize risk regularly and lead mitigation efforts. Indemnify company through implementation of contracts, including but not limited to Terms & Conditions, Quality and Supply Agreements
- Total supply base performance and management on technology roadmaps, lead-time reduction, inventory turns, cost improvement and supply assurance. Implement common supply strategies
- Ensure compliance at all times within the framework of regulatory and legal requirements
- Support TQM, Lean/Six Sigma program by following approved policies and procedures
- Promote the implementation of “best practices” as it relates to supply chain management
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- About 8 - 10 years work experience with 3 - 5 years in a technical procurement role
- Proven track record in procurement, including financial modeling, supplier analysis, total cost of ownership understanding
- Highly skilled in negotiation, contract management, supplier relationship management
- Possess technical knowledge in area of plastics and resins
Interested candidates, please email your complete resume, with current and expected salary details, in word document format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information and discussions will be kept confidential. Thank you.