- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - West
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 15
- Skills: CMOS Process Technology
Lead the site Process Automation within MSAT. This is a team of Engineers and Technical Specialists with design and operational expertise in computer systems, automation systems and manufacturing equipment. This team is responsible for the life cycle management of the process automation systems at the site and for the process automation support of ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Accountable for the economic and reliable delivery of operational strategies and life cycle management for process automation and building automation systems.
- Responsible for deployment of technical automation standards for engineering projects involving site or global engineering functions.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to advise project teams, senior management and global network with respect to planning, design and project resolution.
- Ensure that process automation is designed and operated to relevant quality standards including CFR Part 11, ISO, and ISEE standards as applicable.
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Capital Projects, Quality, Manufacturing, Global Network) to develop strategy on automation based projects.
- Collaborates with the F&E functions of capital project management, engineering, maintenance and manufacturing, and applies extensive engineering and project management skills and concepts. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Responsible for oversight of external vendor relationships and performance. Review and approve cost estimates, sets up check and balance system. Responsible for expense budget for respective functional groups.
- Partner with Global Automation network to set consistent standards for Process Automation.
Leadership and People Management:
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Process Automation Team.
- As a MSAT leadership team member, drive collaboration within the function and across network activities, cross-functional planning, and decision making.
- Accountable for overall budget and financial performance of the Process Automation organization.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Embody PT lean leadership principles and methods while fostering a continuous improvement mindset.
- BS/ MS in Engineering/ Science discipline and a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in Pharma/ Biopharma Manufacturing.
- Experience in support, design and/or implementation of control systems and instrumentation, preferably in the biopharmaceutical or related industries.
- Working experience with supporting or implementing projects on control systems e.g. Emerson Delta-V DCS or Rockwell Building Automation System (BAS)
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal relationships, leadership, and team skills.
- Successful demonstration of goal setting, delivering results, strategic planning, organizational and staff development, technical expertise, problem solving, training, recruiting, influencing, leveraging resources, initiative and risk versus benefits decisions.