- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Manufacturing, Food Science and Technology , Management Studies
- Years of Experience: 10
- Skills: Technical skills in Research & Development, Product development and commercialization skills, Communications skills, Interpersonal skills
International Locations| Permanent
- Great opportunity to join a leader in the meat processing industry
- Lead a highly efficient technical team in the fastest growing market in SEA
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most diversified agri food companies in the SEA region. In order to support their existing and prospective new business, they are looking to hire an experienced Head of R&D within their meat processing department.
The Head of R&D works in a very hands-on environment in creating new products, building product extensions, and developing valuable products to meet customer's needs. This position will be key in formulating products from conception to production based on specific customer requirements as well as new market trends.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for product formulation to support existing business as well as prospective new business,
- Implement, maintain, and enforce the necessary programs to ensure products produced and/or sold by the company meets or exceeds all Food Safety Standards as established by International, National, or local regulatory agencies,
- Travel and assist the company by providing a level of technical expertise that will support new business opportunities,
- Manage technical staff to meet company objectives, create and maintain a “learning” environment conducive to personal growth and advancement of individual direct reports,
- Support activities of other departments as it relates to quality assurance and/or research and development,
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice standards and Food Safety ISO 22000
- Perform routine QA analytical testing when necessary to support the operations
- Track and maintain departmental budget.
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this senior level appointment, you should be have at least 10 years of experience in R&D within the meat processing industry. You have strong technical skills in R&D and possess the ability to develop and commercialize various meat based products. You must have experience with meat processing systems. You have the ability to develop a large standard operation and implement best practices across businesses. You can also adapt and join a cultural diverse team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Previous work experience in Indonesia or in SEA will be a plus.
What's On Offer
Leadership role in a large food manufacturing company that can offer a rewarding and challenging career path. A highly competitive and performance based salary package.
Apply for this Job
Apply online using the form below or phone Priyanka Singh on + 65 6533 2777 quoting jobref H1895620