- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Banking & Finance
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: trade finance operations commodities
Head of Trade Operations for Commodities
Our client is a large Asian bank with growing presence in the region and is expanding rapidly its global footprints.
- responsible for the overall smooth running and functioning of day to day trade settlement and finance transaction operations in the Bank
- responsible for implementing, reviewing processes and procedures, introduce changes to streamline work procedures to increase and improve operational efficiency
- Conduct regular reviews of work procedures or formulate standard operating procedures for work processes
- responsible for commodity and non-commodity based trade operations
- provide expert advice to guide and work with staff to resolve and manage different types of trade based transaction operations
- co-ordinate the annual audit inspections by external, Head Office and internal auditor or Regulators on the department and responsible for remedial actions that are to be conducted
- responsible for the good management of available resources, provide staff training and development, to manage, plan and develop succession plans for the team ensuring continuance in service delivery and staff career growth
- to perform annual appraisal of staff in the team
- to provide and maintain timely and quality service to external and internal clients in service delivery with operational risks controlled
- be aware of AML compliance regulatory requirements and be proactive in guiding and managing AML related compliance risks in transactions handled
- responsible in providing advisories to Business units and customers of risks identified in transactions handled
- responsible for statistical reporting to regulatory bodies, local and Head Office management.
- degree holder with minimum 15 years of relevant Trade Finance experience (good knowledge in structured commodity business would be an advantage), with minimum 10 years in a supervisory role.
- good interpersonal and communications skills
- good knowledge of sanctions regimes and regulations pertaining to trade finance operations
- proficient in UCP600, URC522, URDG758, ISP98 and swift messages such as MT7xx, MT103 and MT202
- meticulous and eye for details with the ability to multi-task are attributes that will help the candidate perform successfully in this role
- additional professional qualification of Certificate for Documentary Credits Specialist (CDCS) would be advantageous
- ability to converse & read the Chinese language as candidate is required to understand Chinese document
Good remuneration package and fringe benefits and perks await the right candidate with a large bank with growing presence in the region.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Gavin Teo (Lic No: R1328332) on +65 6416 9835