- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Years of Experience: 15
- Skills: modern Automatic Train Control Systems and Computer Based Interlockings, Tech-savvy, Writing skills, Communication skills, Presentation skills, Management skills, Organisation skills, Interpersonal skills, Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills, Team player
Job no: 492917
- We seek professionals who want to help us realise the vision of the first cross-border high-speed rail project in South East Asia. This revolutionary new rail link will facilitate seamless travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, enhance business linkages, and bring the peoples of both countries closer.
- You will have the opportunity to spearhead the planning, design development and implementation of this iconic project for Singapore.
- You will play a lead role in managing the Contractors to supply, design, install, test and commission the signalling system for the High-Speed Rail.
- You will lead a team and be responsible for the safety, quality, progress and environmental impact of the Contractors' works.
- You will also lead a team in the planning and managing the risks and cash flows of the various contracts as well as issuance of instructions and assessment of variations/payments/claims.
- You are required to actively coordinate with the various parties, such as other project teams, other contractors, designers, consultant architects, stakeholders, the Network Operation/Operator Companies to ensure that the project is well coordinated and seamlessly integrated without any operational impact.
- You will be expected to develop in-house capability by coaching and mentoring the young engineers. You are also required to provide expert advice to other LTA's divisions such as the regulation division.
- You will have the opportunity to work on the state-of-the-art High-Speed Rail automatic train control system, automatic train protection, computer-based interlocking systems and/or platform screen doors.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical / Electronics/ Computer Engineering and registered as a Chartered / Professional Engineer
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience in design and managing railway signalling project/ contracts
- Knowledge of modern Automatic Train Control Systems and Computer-Based Interlockings
- Sound appreciation of the constraints, integration risks and interface requirements of civil (underground station/tunnel, at-grade and elevated viaducts), trackwork, Electrical and Mechanical services and systems works.
- Technologically savvy and ability to keep abreast with current and emerging technologies and trends
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
- Good management, organization and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible and quick to adapt to new situations and changes
- A team player who is analytical, resourceful and result-oriented and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel and be stationed in overseas for work, when required, is preferred
Applications close: 21 Feb 2018 Singapore Standard Time