- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Technical Certification
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: LAN/WAN, Firewall & Security
- Provide regular scheduled and ad hoc support to selected systemsGo clients.
- Consult systemsGo clients on systems configuration, migration and operations issues.
- Serve as an escalation support resource for IT and network-related problems when required.
- Alert systemsGo management of potential critical situations. Monitor critical client problems until they are resolved.
- Assist with establishing project requirements and research of corresponding solutions.
- Estimate hours and costs associated with project implementation.
- Assist Account Executive and Project Manager to prepare client proposals.
- Set up, install, configure and test computer and network systems.
- Work with Sales to collect business and technical requirements from customers and design solutions to technically satisfy these requirements.
- Interact with customers to clarify their requirements.
- Explain technical aspects of systemsGo solutions and capabilities, limitations with respect to customer requirements.
- Effectively communicate client status with Account Executives and systemsGo management.
- Actively pursue enhancements to IT skillset to improve overall knowledge and skills.
- B.Sc. or B.EE. preferred
- Microsoft Certifications: Min. MCP; MCSE desirable
- Cisco Certifications: Min. CCNA; CCNP/CCDA/CIPT preferred
- Strong desktop support skills including all related hardware and software
- Comfortable with Windows 7 x64
- Familiar with support for mobile devices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory 2003 and 2008
- Basic networking skills including troubleshooting of connectivity problems
- Some experience with VoIP Telephony
- Familiarity with WAN setups and branch office support
- Knowledge of operating video conferencing system operations and basic troubleshooting
- English - Fluent (Reading/Writing important)
- Mandarin - Not required but desirable, to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates
- At least 3 years experience in a large IT end-user or services provider environment.
- Experience with installing, maintaining and supporting office IT infrastructure - PCs, Servers, LAN, Routers/Switches/Firewalls etc.
- Experience with a variety of environments, support models, industries, etc. preferred.
- Communication - Communicate IT problems and solutions effectively to end users and management. Summarise and report activities and results effectively. Document IT environments consistently and clearly. Deal effectively with frustrated clients. Be able to consider all options and keep an open mind.
- Planning - Ability to gather information on requirements, constraints, resources, schedules etc. and develop effective plans to successfully complete complex assignments. Ability to assess the overall situation, rather than just immediate issues.
- Teamwork - Work effectively in teams. Assume team leadership responsibility when appropriate. Respect opinions and contributions of team members. Provide forum for effective team problem-solving.
- Productivity - Effective time management. Good work load management.
- Problem Solving - Ability to gather information; explore and eliminate alternatives; request and utilise assistance from other sources; confirm problem diagnosis; identify, test and implement solutions; reassess problem and solution impact.
- Quality Awareness - Understand and strive to solve problems rather than just treating symptoms. Follow assignments through to completion. Commitment to improving company’s procedures.