- Salary: 3000 - 3500
- Location: Singapore - West
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time, Contract
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Information Technology and Business (ERP)
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: Database management, Technical support
The GESS has strong European foundations and believes in developing confident, forward-looking students through a celebration of respect, openness and inclusiveness. GESS is recognised for its languages and offers a choice between two main curricula: the German Abitur or the English-speaking International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. The school caters to students of all ages, starting from 18 months to graduation at 18 years. GESS is a private school association led by an elected committee and the school management. Currently, more than 300 full and part-time staff are employed at the school. A new purpose-built campus with brand new facilities will open in August, 2018 at Dairy Farm Road.
- Coordinate all aspects of operational readiness for all related IT Infrastructure and systems
- Provide technical, operations, and training support for PC, laptop and other peripherals to internal users either by telephone or desk-side relative to desktop hardware and software
- Support software installation and configurations
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of new Infrastructure
- Support printer maintenance, consumable procurement, and usage tracking which includes vendor management
- Maintain Service Desk knowledgebase which includes updating IT website
- Maintain Asset overview/Inventory and ensure it is up to date
- Carry out a successful backup of servers and computers which includes monitoring of scheduled backups jobs, media change, and troubleshooting
- Monitor internet access and required troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot office applications, printers, workstations, laptops and all peripherals including network related issues
- Carry out the planning, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of IT systems and equipment which includes student and staff device rollout.
- Support account creation, deletion, modification, and password reset requests for email, active directory and other systems
- Document knowledgebase articles and repeatable desktop support processes and standard operating procedures
- Ensure proper turnover and escalation of all open support issues. Includes meeting any service level agreements of the IT department
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in similar environment within IT operations
- Knowledge in networking and domain management, DNS, and wireless technology
- Excellent spoken and written English language
- Enthusiastic, punctual, take initiative and ownership of assigned tasks, fulfilling of tasks under time pressure and independent and a team player
- Ability to adjust to changing business requirements and make decisions with limited information rapidly
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives
- Exceptional organizational, communication, leadership, and stakeholder service skills
- Expert in IPad, Cisco/HP WLC, Cisco CUCM, Cisco Switches/Routers, Network Printers, Microsoft Windows/AD/Azure/Cloud/Sharepoint/Office 365, Veeam Backup, PowerShell, IT-Automation, VMWare ESXi/vCenter, Audio/Video/, Filewave, AppleTV, MacBook Pro, Surface Pro, Firewall
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application, your complete resume, salary expectations and a recent photo.Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position. Submit your application via our Careers Page at www.gess.hbcareers.com. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The School reserves the right to appoint prior to the application deadline.
Our students are our most valuable assets. As any professional international school, GESS has a Child Protection Policy. Our recruitment process reflects this policy in that we ask for a police clearance check and further background checks for shortlisted candidates.