- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: 'N' / 'O' Levels
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 5
- Skills: Culinary experience in hotel industry
Located within the Central Business District and positioned as an International Business Hotel. At this time, we are seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic individual to join our opening team as:
Junior Sous Chef
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen, including supervision of the kitchen and the production of food.
- To be responsible for all activities of the particular section they are in charge of.
- To be responsible for the total quality and quantity of food prepared from the Section they are in charge of.
- To match volume of food prepared in the section in accordance with business thus avoiding over-production or under-production. Right sizing of food production prevents food wastage and keeps food cost within budget.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of kitchen with all staff under his care and observing strict rules of personal hygiene.
- To ensure that there is no wastages and to support food cost at par or below budget without compromising of quality.
- To manage the section within approved manpower budget without incurring unnecessary expenses via overtime, etc.
- To achieve a high standard of food quality to meets the expectations of hotel guests.
- To ensure that all staff in his section is properly trained in their duty areas thereby producing a high standard of food served.
- To be responsible for staff retention in their section and take appropriate measures in furtherance of staff stability.
- To ensure that all equipment are kept in good working conditions and that they are serviced in accordance with suppliers’ recommendations thereby protecting their long term investment value.
- To ensure that the kitchen is kept in a neat and clean condition thereby posing no safety threat to kitchen staff.
- To actively contribute in the outlet business by producing good quality food at competitive prices.
If you have the enthusiasm and dedication to join and assist our pre-opening team in positioning Carlton City as a leading hotel in Singapore’s CBD, kindly email or write to us at the contact details below. Please include the position applied for in the email subject line and include a detailed resume with your current and expected salary.
The Director of Human Resource
Carlton Properties (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
1 Gopeng Street