- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: network, Redhat, linux, windows, servers, english
- You will be part of the Corporate Support Services team and provide support for the infrastructure servers in the Verizon collocated data centre.
- Provide daily maintenance of the servers to ensure proper operation and server health.
- You will also ensure all customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Document the daily support activity.
- Assist in problem analysis with the application/business owner.
- Provide recommendations for problem resolution and enhancements.
- And other duties assigned by management.
- Support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating Systems
- Support of Windows and VMware
- Manage and ensure stable operation of servers
- Conduct troubleshooting of servers and basic network functions when performance issues arise
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance and also ad-hoc emergency maintenance when required
- Testing and documentation of disaster recovery processes
- Create daily support documentation
- Comply with data backup requirements, file restore requests and backup job modifications
- Administer security procedures that meet the IT control requirements
- Microsoft MCSE LICENSE / CERTIFICATION
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
- VMware SRM experience
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (liaise with Chinese associates)
- Linux Scripting
- Networking knowledge
- Position requires interface with all levels of management as well as collaborative effort with other Lear IT groups globally.
- Technical training and experience in supporting the Windows Operating System and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience working in a support service environment.
- Knowledge of network technologies.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 platforms.
- Experience supporting web-based applications and Internet Explorer 7.0 and 8.0.
- Experience supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux server operating system.
- Knowledge of QAD ERP application running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux is preferred.
- Occasional travel to additional sites may be required. Some overnight travel may occur.
- Occasional overtime can be expected.
Interested candidates please send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th Aug for immediate consideration.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.