- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - West
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Skills: Interpersonal, Communication, Leadership Skills, Analytical Skills, Writing Skills, Solving Skills
The Advisory and Capability Development (ACD) Section works closely with the Fair Consideration Office (from MOM) to administer the Fair Consideration Framework (FCF), which details fair hiring requirements for companies in Singapore, including advertising in the Jobs Bank and scrutiny for companies with suspect hiring practices. As Manager (ACD), you are primarily responsible for scrutinising companies that have scope to improve their hiring and career development practices, and fact-finding into complaints relating to Singaporean Core and other discriminatory HR practices.
You will also provide advisory service to the employers, employees and general public through various touch points such as phone, emails, walk-ins and appointments to promote and facilitate understanding of fair and progressive employment practices at the workplace. You will also ensure proper case management to meet service standards. You are required to write concise reports and provide accurate data entry for case details.
The key job functions are as follows:
- Engage and monitor progress of companies that are under closer scrutiny;
- Assess whether companies have given fair consideration to Singaporeans in hiring and career development opportunities;
- Respond to queries through all touch points, including emails, phone, walk-ins and appointments;
- Help maintain SOPs and database mechanism for collating and reporting on case management;
- Undertake various advisory-related reports and projects as required.
- Knowledge of the Employment Act an advantage;
- Able to multi-task;
- Able to communicate clearly in both writing and verbally;
- Able to handle and mediate sensitive issues calmly, empathetically and professionally;
- Able to relate well to people from all backgrounds;
- Patient and effective problem-solver.
The position offered will commensurate with the candidate’s experience and suitability.
Interested applicants, please click “Apply Now” by 28 Sep 2017.Please attach your resume in the email, and in the subject box, indicate the position you are applying for < Subject: Mgr, ACD > .
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.