- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: Communication skills, Computer skills, Microsoft Office
- To work closely with staff in our Embassies around SE Asia to produce plans for relevant regional prosperity project work
- To improve communication and coordination of our Prosperity activities across the region, identifying and sharing best practice
- To act as the Secretariat for our SE Asia Prosperity Board, scheduling meetings, getting agendas agreed in advance of meetings, producing and circulating meeting records and preparing reports (with points of discussion) for Heads of Mission ahead of their quarterly meetings
- To drive implementation by regional staff of the regional Prosperity Action Plan (PAP), keeping it up-to-date and ensuring actions are 'owned' by appropriate staff and incorporated into refreshed Country Business Plans
- To support our smaller offices in the region in support of their prosperity objectives, sharing best practice and advice
- To help with successful delivery of projects funded by programme funds
- To act as the Secretariat for the UK-Singapore Economic & Business Partnership (EBP), providing strategic input and support, as well as arranging meetings and producing records
- To work closely with colleagues from UK Trade and Investment on strategic campaigns to further British exports to Singapore
- To help to organise and coordinate visits to SE Asia by UK Ministers and senior officials in pursuit of UK’s prosperity objectives
- Strong strategic thinking, communicating and influencing skills combined with problem-solving and judgement skills;
- Experience of managing external relationships with key stakeholders;
- Effective self-management and prioritisation, and the ability to operate independently;
- Strong team player with ability to work in virtual teams;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Good IT skills, proficient in MS Office applications;
- Able to travel when required;
- Experience of working directly with both governments and businesses would be useful.
- Salary + CPF, payable 14 times a year
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Medical insurance package covering GP, specialist and hospitalisation treatment
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-singapore/about/recruitmentby 15th September 2013 to email@example.com. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain authorisation to work in Singapore in order to apply.
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 30th September 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.