- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Economics, Law
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Microsoft Office
(Short Term Contract to end March 2014)
The successful candidate will:
- Take a leading role working with relevant colleagues to develop and deliver on the High Commission’s third market work under the UK-Singapore Economic and Business Partnership (EBP);
- Work with relevant government, commercial trade bodies, particularly in Singapore to identify and facilitate UK company participation in business and collaboration opportunities in China and other emerging Asia markets such as SE Asia and India;
- Follow through on agreements and collaborative projects between British, Singaporean and Chinese business agencies and government departments;
- Promote third market opportunities to UK companies via multiple channels including e-communications, events and business missions;
- Research and gather intelligence about key development projects in China and SE Asia. Agree a plan with key stakeholders for how this work might be supported from April 2014.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience including organising and leading projects with strong ownership, particularly within the public sector
- Degree-holder, preferably in the disciplines of economics, politics, international relations or law
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of networking and working across different teams
- Aself-motivated individual with the ability to interact and negotiate in cross-cultural contexts and operate independently in driving initiatives and programmes
- Able to start work immediately
- Strong interest in knowledge of the Singapore-China bilateral trade relationship and the governments’ strategies to promote growth
- Strong interest in knowledge of China and SE Asia markets and development priorities
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, advantageous to speak Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin speaking associates
- Good IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong drafting skills associated with reports and agreements between parties across international bodies
- Ability to travel when required
- Salary + CPF
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Medical insurance package covering GP, specialist and hospitalisation treatment
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-singapore/about/recruitmentby 22nd September 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain authorisation to work in Singapore in order to apply.
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 30th September 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.