- Salary: 3000 - 4500
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Engineering (General)
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Advanced computer skills, Mobile operating systems (Apple, Microsoft, Android, etc.)
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications
aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android
applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers on
different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated
design, and creating quality products is essential.
An Android developer is responsible for developing applications for devices powered by the Android
operating system. Due to the fragmentation of this ecosystem, an Android developer must pay special
attention to the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android and different device types.
They must also have a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around such a
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and create new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Building it while keeping security in mind.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Suggest, plan and execute new ideas as a team
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related degree or a related subject
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in Android app development
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.