- Salary: 2500 - 3500
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time, Contract
- Min. Education Level: Diploma
- Field of Study: Architecture
- Years of Experience: 2
- Skills: CAD, Model making, Scaled Model Making
As a model maker, you’ll design and make 3D scale models & mockups with the help of our 3D Printers and machines to show how new buildings or products will look, and to test new design concepts.
As a model maker you can make models for different uses. They include:
- architectural design - scale models of new and existing building designs
- product design - models of new products designed for testing before production starts
- visual effects design - models used in special effects or to show set designs in TV, film and theatre.
Your duties can vary depending on your job, but you’re likely to:
- Discuss requirements (the brief) with the designer or client
- Use Computer-aided design (CAD) to illustrate initial ideas
- Make any necessary amendments as a result of further consultation before producing a detailed final model
- Use a range of hand, power and machine tools and various 3D Printers to make models
- Carry out finishing processes such as hand colouring and spray painting.
You’ll be using a wide range of materials & 3D printers that can produce parts in metal, wood, plastic, clay, card, resin and plaster to create your models.
If you produce architectural models, you may also model the surrounding area to show how the building will fit in with its environment.
- Experience in handling large scaled models for architecture, marine & engineering
- Able to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Must live in Singapore and able to work in Singapore
Please do send a copy of your portfolio together with your CV.
Yearly enrichment courses
Monthly sports actitivy days