- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Professional Certification
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 3
- Skills: Art, Digital imaging, Infographics
Buoyed by the key role that visuals play in communication,English / Malay / Tamil Media Group (Visuals Department) is growing its team within SPH. We are looking for a Multimedia Assistant Editor with a keen news sense and a strong visual background to work with our passionate team of designers, info-graphics journalists, illustrators, digital artists, photographers and videographers to bolster the group’s news coverage through visual journalism, and to be able to push out our visuals across multiple platforms. Knowledge on the trends in digital (visual) content would be preferred.
- Stay on top on breaking news, and coordinate visual coverage across the paper’s various desks and platforms; an eye for visual opportunities is critical.
- Be able to visualise how an artwork could and should appear across multiple platforms; assign such jobs and coordinate delivery.
- Assign jobs and keep track of them; ensure delivery to EMTM’s multiple platforms in a timely way.
- Guide our visual journalists in shaping and sharpening their work for both print and digital.
- Build strong relationships both within the team and across the newsroom.
- Jump in to help on assignments where needed.
- At least five years of experience in publishing and Multi media.
- A university degree in Journalism or Design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop®, InDesign®, lllustrator®, Dreamweaver®, Adobe Premiere® Pro, After Effects).
- Great writing and researching skills.
- Photo and video editing experience.
- Digital production and development experience not required, but will give you an edge.
- Strong problem-solving, organisational and people management skills.
- Detail oriented and able to thrive in fast-paced, demanding environment, while balancing multiple deadlines.
- Social Media curation experience.
- Deadline Writing & Reporting.
Interested candidates will be required to submit with their art and digital design portfolios. Please note that only shortlisted applicants would be notified.