- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - Central
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Banking & Finance
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: Banking, Risk
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services.
In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs.
In Cash & Trade, you will be part of the product management team that provides seamless and cost-effective solutions to customers. Whether it is through conducting market research, or by enhancing a product or system's features to meet customers' needs, you will have every opportunity to shape the business. You will also be exposed to a myriad of Trade and Cash Management products through various marketing campaigns and joint visits with our relationship managers.
This position is required to enable GTS COO -Governance & Control team to perform its role in assisting GTS senior management to drive an effective operational risk management (ORM) culture across Group GTS.
* Assist to strengthen operational risk management and increase risk awareness within GTS that enables identification, assessment, mitigation, measurement, monitoring and reporting of key operational risks;
* Ensure DBS operational risk management policies, standards and guidelines are complied with and rolled out on timely basis;
* Ensure GTS’ compliance with new and revised regulations;
* Enhance risk governance and promote risk and control awareness within the Unit and across locations;
* Timely implementation of Group’s risk policies and guidelines through facilitation and providing advice and guidance in driving operational risk and compliance initiatives and tools;
* Develop and ensure timely implementation of Unit-specific operational risk guidelines and procedures;
* Facilitate timely completion of ORM tools and required OR training including Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Key Risk Indicators, Reputational Risk assessment, Business Continuity Plan & Attestation;
* Track and monitor issue/action plan arising from significant incidents, risk events, CSA, KRI, regulatory inspections, audits etc.;
* Analyse impact of new/revised regulations affecting GTS business; ensure action plans are developed to address the gaps identified;
* Lead and manage cross functional units’ operational risk management and compliance-related projects and initiatives, including process improvement programmes;
* Active participation in major change initiatives of the Unit, to mitigate operational risk;
* Assist Unit management in the reporting and assessment of the operational risk profile of the Unit and alert Unit management on systemic/emerging trends on operational risk and compliance issues across the locations;
* Share operational risk best practices and lessons learnt within the Unit and across locations;
* Perform the role as a AML-CFT and Fraud Risk officer for GTS.
* Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the banking industry with good understanding of transaction banking products, risks & controls and compliance;
* Exposure in a business environment with knowledge of Trade Finance would be an advantage;
* Strong implementation and organization skills in rolling-out initiatives across locations;
* Strong stakeholder engagement skills, ability to build rapport, garner respect & exercise authority in a collaborative manner, across all levels & locations;
* Risk control mindset with ability to achieve a balance between managing risk, customer needs and productivity;
* Proactive and initiator in identifying and driving change initiatives to achieve a robust ops risk & control environment. Able to identify risk gaps and think out-of-the-box effective and digital solutions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.