- Salary: Undisclosed
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Computer Engineering
- Years of Experience: 7
- Skills: Waterfall Methodology experience, Delivery/Project management, Financial/Commercial management
Our client, an established Telco company.
Objectives/Purpose of the Job
The successful applicant will manage a team of designers, developers, testers, vendors etc. and be responsible for driving and operationalizing programs/projects on-time, on-budget and delivering optimum customer experience in an extremely dynamic internal/external environment. The candidate must have experience delivering projects using Waterfall Methodology within a large organisation, experience with Agile delivery will be an added advantage. The candidate must have experience in operating within a world of rapid & constant change, and be experienced in delivering products driven by customer user-stories and multiple product iterations.
The role will entail communication with senior project stakeholders (sponsor, owners, and Product Managers) within the IT and the business (CEO, CIO, VP, Director level). Candidates with significant & broad people matrix management, program delivery, technical and business acumen are therefore encouraged to apply.
- Manage programs on behalf of the P&EI teams
- Develop, manage and improve stakeholder relations - both internal and external
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as:
- Accuracy of forecasting
- Delivery timelines and schedules are met
- Adherence to quality standards
- Lead in the identification of business impacts resulting from project implementation and proactively manage them
- Support the PEI Delivery team with appropriate resource, reporting and financial management inputs
- Deliver financial submissions and updates to sponsors and senior stakeholders in accordance with the capital management processes
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and reconciliations against budget to ensure forecasting variance maintained within 10%
- Resolving program/project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments
- Prepare resource plans and manage ongoing resource forecasts
- Lead motivate a core team of cross functional members from across (including Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, IT, Engineering, Business Process resources) to deliver the best possible project outcome. This role also involves managing offshore teams & vendors.
- Ensure a high standard and continuous development of market knowledge, business unit operations, consultative and presentation skills, education and experience relevant to the role
The role is tasked with meeting both key program/project delivery milestones along with financial and customer-centric KPIs. Strong financial and commercial management skills are required to ensure financial budgets are managed effectively and program delivers to sponsor’s expectations. The size of financial budget will vary from project to project.
A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors and third party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business. Contract negotiations and managing contracts (fixed price and T&M based) is a vital skill to succeed in this role.
The incumbent is responsible for the ongoing lifecycle of application within Portal and Enterprise Technologies, ensuring that Applications, including underlying platforms, support the business to achieve the expected outcomes and influencing investments to provide the required capacity and technical capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience
Appropriate degree in Engineering, Computer Science
Good to have MBA or similar Business qualification,
Formal certification in Project Delivery (e.g. Certified Practising Project Director)
Experience delivering Portal and integration related projects
Good to have Experience delivering Adobe CQ and Hybris based Portal application,
7+ years of Program/Project management for medium to large application development projects ($1Mil to up to $20Mil and/or up to 10+ team members)
Good to have Experience delivering projects using Agile Methodology
7+ years of experience in software development and delivery of large complex software projects, in particular with portals, mobile billing, integration (SDP), and digital applications
7+ years of experience doing financial management
3+ years of experience working with Senior Stakeholders (VP, Director of large organisation level).
Experience delivering numerous Application Delivery projects
Technical / Professional Skills
IT Project Delivery using Waterfall Methodology
Good to have Formal traditional Project Management certification from PMI, AIPM or equivalent reputable professional body.
Good to have Formal Agile delivery methodology certification from PMI or equivalent reputable professional body.
Substantial Capex ($10M+) management experience
Good to have Conceptual knowledge of SOA architecture
Experience working with external Vendors
Good to have Conceptual knowledge Integration Competency Centre,
Conceptual knowledge of TMForum SID framework,
IT Project Delivery using Waterfall Methodology
Non-Technical / Soft Skills
Proven ability to work with people from different cultures
A high level of intelligence; ability to operate not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in the light of the approaches and developments that occur in the market.
Natural problem solving inclination
High level presentation and interpersonal skills
Experience breaking down complex problems into sizable chunks for effective problem solving
Interested candidates please apply with photo and expected salary.